Real Head Motion Plugin 0.1beta

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by magicfr, Jan 19, 2012.

1. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Man, i get the same bug sometime i think there s still some bug in rf2 plugin system. It still just a beta

2. magicfr

magicfr Registered

The pos is not changed, if you want the view to keep horizontal just set the factor to 0 and it will do that ;)

3. philman

philman Registered

I like it. Could you please make a version for RF1?

4. blanes

blanes Registered

Congrats on making a plugin Mod, I tried it but found I prefer the way ISI have implemented the cockpit/head movement.

I turned down cockpit vibration in the player file from 1.0 to 0.60 and to me it is just more immersive and visceral.

But it is nice for people to have this option, more choices is definately a great thing !

cheers :)

5. aussiemart

aussiemart Registered

I cant get it work, i have no spinning logo, ive put both files in the plugin folder and did the plr file edit. what do i do with the ini do i need to edit it?
    is there a button to activate it in game?
    cheers
    Marty

6. magicfr

magicfr Registered

I agree with you, sometimes it is a matter of personal taste :D
    I didn't make this plug to get money or glory :D

7. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Hi Marty,
    It should have work this way.
    If you don't have the Round "Electric" Plug logo on top left when going on track, maybe you the plug system is disabled on your game.
    In Controls / Devices : there is a "Toggle HWPlugin" G_KEY, try if it works .
    I don't know if there is another way to disable plug.

8. Finnro

Finnro Registered

Your first version without the ini works fine for me and i haven't the turning view.

9. magicfr

magicfr Registered

The only difference with the old version is that I read the .INI file when rFactor2 call the function enterRealTime().
    So, this function now take more time because I have to open file and read it.
    I didn't changed at all the way I call the Camera_PitchDown/Camera_RollLeft.

I'll try to remove the reading of ini file and check if it make any difference.

10. magicfr

magicfr Registered

New version.
    I don't know if it will fix.
    But maybe the bug happens when I receive telemetry before have the EnterRealTime finished. Because this is where I read the .INI file.
    So I added a fix so I don't update any thing internally ,until the EnterRealTime is really finished.
    Zip archive updated on webSite.

I tried 5 solo and 3 online, and I didn't get the bug, but it because it is random for me, maybe it's not fixed yet.

So could you try it and tell me if you still have the bug?

Cheers,
    Seb

11. Finnro

Finnro Registered

Some tries with the new version and no problems.
    Look like the problem is gone.
    Thanks

12. jumi2

jumi2 Registered

Hey great plugin, i think it works well.
    I am just confused, i tested it and when i brake the head moves back and up, when i accelerate the head moves down and forward. Shouldnt it be the other way around?

Could you add a switch in the ini to change that? Thanks for doing this!

13. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Had the same issue.Removed the 2 plugin files and went away.But with the changes in PLR and the cockpit isnt vibrating crazy anymore. so will just leave it now.Tx for your effort.

UPDATE: Did your update on plugin and no more rotating. Tx sir very much.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2012
  14. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Nope. I think you don't really understand why I try to simulate. It is all explain on the plugin website.

15. jumi2

jumi2 Registered

Let me put it another way, shouldnt the car move away from the view when i accelerate and move closer when i brake? I read what you try to achieve on your website and i think its the right thing to do, the artifical head movement of rf and other simulators doesnt quite feel alright. So i think trying to simulate what the eyes do is a good step forward.

If not, could someone explain to me why? Sorry i dont quite get it atm.

16. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Ok, I understand more now. Like I said above replying to another person, I will add the head motion due to G acceleration and Collision later.
    At the moment, this version simulate only the inner ear reaction that move head and eye to stabilize the head shaking.

When the car accelerate, the car lean backward, right? So my code try to keep the head stabilize, so, let's say, horizontal, so that's why it "seems" like the head is lean forward, but it is not, it is the car than lean backward.

I understand/agree that for high G the head weight act otherwise, but I will add that later. And it will be configurable, so in the .ini file everybody will could change if they prefer more innerEar correction or more G's.

I hope I am more clear now :) Sorry for the confusion,
    Cheers,

17. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

Is it possible to reverse the headmovement on braking and accelerating at all? It would look better if the cockpit dash moved up the screen when breaking, simulating your head moving forward under brakes, and vise versa for accelerating? mine moves the opposite way at the moment?

**EDIT** sorry I posted that while you were replying above, and didn't see your post, forget my post now as you have just answered it above :)

18. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

thats a very very nice plugin! love it!
    i still left the headmovement on ingame (although i edited the PLR file according to magicfr's plugin). with that i get the headmovement in xyz and the movement at collision from the ISI system and the roll from the plugin, is that correct magicfr? that mix feels absolutly great for me. i tried having the ingame headmovement completly off, but that felt strange when braking and accelerating, because the head doesn't move forth and back.
    so the plugin coupled with the ingame Movement is really nice! the only thing i would love to have added is a little headmovement resulting of sideways g-forces, so you could see when you lose grip because of understeer etc. are you planning to implement that in your plugin?

19. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Thanks,
    And,Yep, Head movment resulting of G forces is on the list ;)

20. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Got exactly same problem but I can't still fix it...
    I gonna try your last release as you talk about above...
    ...a few minutes later... It works now :D.
    I've made different tests and all is ok.
    Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2012