Turbo model

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by jtbo, Jan 19, 2012.

1. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Even simple model where user would set 'inertia' and amount of multiplier by boost would be improving a lot drivabilitiy of turbo engines.
    There should be turbo instance in code that is affected by throttle and rpm of engine, rpm 0-100 000 and acceleration as well as deceleration affected by throttle multiplied by rpm or something like that would recreate characteristics of turbo.

Final engine power would be then what engine.ini and upgrades.ini state, but only when turbo has spooled to max.

More perfected would be of course better, but from driver's point of view it would not need to be much more. There would still be imperfection of having boost available more at lower rpm than would be possible as in reality exhaust gas volume would limit the boost, which is why VNT turbos were invented to get around the problem, but even simple is better than nothing at all, I guess.

2. vilivili

vilivili Registered

programmed turbo model would make turbo cars much more realistic

3. Tombasss

Tombasss Registered

It will be great,if they made turbo model like in Live For Speed and we will adjust it in some TWEAK programs like they have in LFS.Sorry for my english,hope you understand.

4. TJones

TJones Registered

Was already mentioned by someone from the Dev-team (sorry, cound´nt find the post), turbo simulation will be included in the relevant mod.

5. jtbo

jtbo Registered

This is really great news at least for me, can't stop drooling now :p

6. Tombasss

Tombasss Registered

Hope it will not be Turbo model from SHIFT,the turbo spooling in SHIFT is very slow and unrealistic.And Boost Gauge will be useful too.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2012
  7. Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman Registered

if Rf2 comes with a good simulation of turbo features, lag etc.. only then i will buy it for sure.
    will make sence for some devteams who want to create a f1 turbo mod in He mode !:rolleyes:

8. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

This thread can be closed :cool:

9. osella

osella Registered

Good news!