Upgrade Advice

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Bud79, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Bud79

Bud79 Registered

What would give the best performance boost in RF2 do you think

my Current spec is

Athlon 64 250 Dual core 2mb Ram
    Ati HD4870 GPU

Would I be better off upgrading Motherboard CPU RAM or GFX Card?

Im thinkning Motherboard cpu 1st ?

2. UlrichBlanke

UlrichBlanke Registered

both - if possible ;)

3. Gogs Dunlop

Gogs Dunlop Registered

It depends on a lot of things, i'd say cpu and bus speed are the most important, a few people are still running overclocked single/dual cpu's (4ghz) and with a no bad graphics card they are running with enough head room to have good fps at the start of a race.

if rf2 had a "timedemo" and tabulated the machine specs in the forum someone could get a very good idea of the best and cheapest way to do it.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I'm going to see if we can organize one of those automatic system checkers from a site like systemrequirementslab.com.

To OP, if you can, do both, if you can do one, then I'd always go for the CPU and mobo (and memory if you need to) first, and run rf2 on minimal gfx settings.

5. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

I had very bad frame rate with a 2yo dualcore amd 3600 with a 1gig GTS450, I upgrade the MB (gigabyte A75-D3H) CPU (amd A-8-3870) and 16gig of ram, still got the old GTS450. I can run everything in full but only run 1x Anti Aliasing and I get no less than 40fps (Monaco mainstraight thru the trees)
    Hope this helps

SS ~XR~