Mods that should be Re-Made

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by zild1221, Jan 19, 2012.

1. zild1221

zild1221 Registered

The title pretty much explains it all. I have a few mods in mind that made rF1 special that should be re-made for rF2. Feel free to list yours, just give some sort of explanation why you feel it should. This way, the thread just doesn't get full of spam. Also, no need to mention the obvious HistorX.

Skoda Octavia Cup: By far my FAVORITE mod for league racing. Front wheel drive, medium speed, and durable. These cars always provide bumper to bumper racing. They are easy to get around the track in one piece, but more difficult than you would expect to drive FAST. Encourages smooth fluent driving while allowing you to still attack and take advantage of others mistakes.

rFBMW My favorite open wheeler. These cars to me are more like a lightweight touring car with a little down force. The accommodate many different driving styles. You can drive high down force and fly through bendy bits, or you could run low down force and drive it like a touring car. Makes for some very interesting racing (all different setup styles), and close racing.

Spec Racer Ford Now this mod is on the slow side. Again, these cars force you to drive fluently. Very restricted setups level the playing field. And again, these cars make for some close quarters racing.

Anyway, hopefully there's some mod makers with some time on their hands. So far I have only seen sports and powerful open wheelers being developed for rF2. Personally I think these type of cars listed make for more fun/close racing. To me I would rather being traveling at 80MPH and be 1ft away from a car rather than 160MPH and 50ft away.

Adds I forgot.

Bathurst Legends

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2012
  2. Rantam

Rantam Registered

"No need to mention the obvious HistorX"

I'll mention it if you don't mind :) We're currently evaluating rF2 as modding platform. We already have some car in rF2 (and we have a WIP user interface also) but there's a long way to go before you see HistorX's stuff released for rF2: there're a lot of new features to learn (we wouldn't like just to do a "straight conversion" from rF1, we always want it to be better if possible). And ISI has to fix certain things also (let's not forget this is just a beta).

Regards

3. mirzza

mirzza Registered

We all in SimRacing.cz excited by new technologies rFactor 2, Skoda Octavia Cup is definitely first in line and we started working on the extradition rFactor2, as well as BMW 1 Challenge and of course racing circuit Autodrom Most. Just need a little time, like we would have preferred quality. Very pleased the mod Skoda Octavia is so popular, as assessed in the review rFactor 2 simhq lot of us happy. Please be patient...

4. Neil LCFC

Neil LCFC Registered

Fbmw , Gp 79 and formula predator.

5. PieterN

PieterN Registered

Historx
    DRM. please....

6. lbird

lbird Registered

Certainly HistorX, second that big time. I am especially curious how the fabulous physics of HistorX transfer over to Rf2....
    On the other hand i have a lot of faith that nils_at_home and the whole crew there will have a lot of ideas to put the new features to good use. Certainly looking forward to that!

7. T.G.H. Freaky0Frager

T.G.H. Freaky0Frager Registered

the incredible Enduracers EnduranceSeries Mod and the GT3 Mod for shure.:cool:

8. Omicron

Omicron Registered

HistorX, Cart Factor and Endurance Series.

9. zild1221

zild1221 Registered

I wasn't trying to put down HistorX or anything. Just figured anyone would be crazy to not want HistorX in rF2 eventually, and it would become repetitive in the thread. :D

I'm glad to see there is still development for the Skoda's. I kind of figured they were so old now that they were abandoned. I can't wait to see what comes about in rF2. Make sure to keep us all updated!

10. Sam Moss

Sam Moss Registered

Formula BMW and Skoda's were great for close racing and would be very welcome in rF2 :)

11. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

What he said. And the GT3 mod.

12. Gintonika

Gintonika Registered

Prototype C & GTX5........oh wait!

13. Carbonfibre

Carbonfibre Registered

Anything unusual and stock mods, e.g. supra, corvette, piaggio and a bus.

14. Allyc4t

Allyc4t Registered

Would love to see V8 Factor Unleashed, CTDP 2006 (with decent tyre physics) and MMG '07 and F1 '98 (but with decent physics)

15. Mad739

Mad739 Registered

16. rer8

rer8 Registered

I am a fan of the excellent mod by Enduracers. The Endurance Series would round out my favorites which include the F1 Classic mod which is nicely presented by the '60s mod included in the Beta.

17. Slothman

Slothman Registered

APEX GT3, fBMW....actually...that would pretty much do me :)

PCC by GSMF...

They are pretty the 3 I hammered a lot and got a lot out of :) There where others, but they are the ones :)

18. FatCity

FatCity Registered

That is one of the funniest things I,ve seen on any rfactor forum, 1 or 2.

19. Rantam

Rantam Registered

No problem. I did understood that you weren't trying to do such thing. With my answer I was just trying to give an update about us and rF2. Sorry if my first phrase looked like I thought you were trying to put our mod down, that wasn't what i meant it to be. My fault ;)

Regards

20. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Like it or not, I will probably make Kantti to rF2 also, at some point, it is great simple learning mod which I was planning full car tutorial too, but never seem to have time.

I will make also Volvo300 mod to rF2, but it can take some time, there is so much to learn and I forget two things when I learn one...

Anyway I hope to learn better and make better mods, I hope that fellow modders will have fluent transition to rF2! :)