Multiview

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Flyin MacLean, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Flyin MacLean

Flyin MacLean Registered

Can someone explain to me how multiview works? I have tried both multiview (without HDR) and just setting my screen size to 5760x1080. What is the difference between the two? My understanding is that multiview was the proper way to render 3 screens but I cannot find anywhere that discusses how to set the monitor angles.

Any advice?

2. bigtabs

bigtabs Registered

I do believe a dev stated that multiview is disabled and/or broken in this release.

3. Niels_at_home

Niels_at_home Registered

Multiview works fine without HDR. The 3D engine is not very efficient though so you may not get good framerates..

Multiview generates 3 views from the driver eyes, one looking forward and two looking to the sides. That means you need to use Multiview if you have the outer screens 'angled towards you'. When using three screens as if its one very wide flat screen, you must not use multiview.

4. Gov

Gov Registered

Mutliview keeps the side monitors from warping the image. I hope they fix it in the next release as the performance of it now with HDR turned off is awful. The image quality goes in the toilet as well.

For example, with mulitview turned off, when you have a car next to you it will look all stretched out and if you have multiview on, the car will look proportional.

5. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Yep, if you're not rendering three separate cameras (like the multiview does), you need to either suffer from fisheye distortion or compensate it somehow. And companies are even asking for around 500 bucks for a program aimed at gamers that only does this sort of compensation.

6. bigtabs

bigtabs Registered

Can multiview be able to support different sized monitors? Such as a widescreen in the middle and a couple of 5:4s on the sides? I can see that getting some good use.

7. Flyin MacLean

Flyin MacLean Registered

Thanks for the info so far. So my question is, if it compensates for angling the monitors, what angle does it compensate for and how do you change the angle? Angle-compensation only works properly if the angle is input into the sim somehow. Is there an INI option for it?

8. GregP

GregP Registered

Just as a point of reference, I did a Multiview test last night on my Eyefinity 5904x1080 setup. Given the exact same graphics options, with Multiview off I get 43 FPS; with it on, 30 FPS (30% drop). At a slightly lower 4920x900 resolution, I get 58 FPS with Multiview off, 36 with it on (38% drop).

And while there must be some way to change the angles in an ini file, I couldn't find it. Regardless, having to position my monitors differently just for this one game, and the FPS drop along with it, probably rules out using MV for me, at least for now. Pretty cool option, though.

9. FatnSlo

FatnSlo Registered

No there is no way to change the angles unfortunately. ISI has stated that it will be a feature though, but it has not been added yet. Us triple screen users are hoping the triple screen options will be as robust as iRacing or LFS, but the overall performance of the game needs to improve greatly first to be able to run at a acceptable FPS.

10. Kevin Sammut

Kevin Sammut Registered

Changed the FOV to 30 to align my side monitors to centre.