rF2 screen shots.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F1lover, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I'm really impressed with the Silverstone WIP screens. Well done to all concerned.

2. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Registered

woah, incredible job on Silverstone so far. Looking up to standard with current times. Can't wait!

3. tjc

tjc Registered

:cool:

4. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I like new HDR profile on those shots from Silverstone. Much better than on previous tracks.
    Especially colours are far better.

5. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Wow. What a difference. Granted the pavement is wet in the latter shots.

6. geg

geg Registered

Tim could you tel us what is the status for the camaro?

7. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

A little and fare comparison about graphics only:

pCARS maxed out DX11 and bla bla on my machine (renamed to: saturationCARS lol):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

rFactor 2 ISI pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gran Turismo 6:

[​IMG]

(I canĀ“t post more than 5 per comment but there are more to show)

What now? Tell me that ISI is not doing it right. Huh!

Hope they follow this path now, using proper colour palette, textures and a very good realistic HDR profile. This is the way to go.

Amazing work. And people who said that rFactor 2 looked bad...What now?

With that I just want to show what ISI can achieve when they do it right...when they use proper colour palette, textures and a very good and realistic HDR profile.
    Hope they start to follow this route by now and at the same time shut some mouths in the racing sim community for once.

You can do it ISI, keep doing this great job because as far as I can tell this is the best version of Silverstone ever.

8. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Those people would be correct in my opinion - rFactor 2 did look sub-standard and still does compared to the other 'next-gen' racing sims in development.

However - before people flame me for the above comment - if Silverstone showcases the new graphical standard of rFactor 2 then this game will be just as good to look at as it is to drive.

Exciting times ahead, I think.

9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Is this going to be the 2013 version of the track with the new infield? Also, will older layouts or alternative layouts be included?

10. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Oh Dear. Have you seen the paranormal activity around there?

look at Google maps http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?rlz=2C2SAVU_enGB0537GB0537&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.47244034,d.d2k&biw=1920&bih=1019&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=image+space+in+ann+arbor&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=image+space&hnear=0x883cb00dd4431f33:0xdb09f94686c8b5e2,Ann+Arbor,+MI,+USA&cid=0,0,11486071393405534142&sa=X&ei=ULurUaOyIoSdO4ySgLAP&ved=0CH8Q_BIwAA

Go to Street view and look up.

11. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

Oh gee, didn't occur to me that ImageSpace was in Ann Arbor... Now I kind of wish I was over at UMich :p

Also, the new screens look super amazing.... I can't wait to try Silverstone in RF2! :)

12. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The real photo you are showing is possibly the oldest asphalt on the circuit. The one in our screen is probably the newest. And it is currently that dark.

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yes. Not planned at the moment, that depends on Silverstone really.

14. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

There is one thing I would like to add :)

Silverstone is very impresive circuit in real life. I mean, architecture and complexity of buildings is very impresive and if someone (in this case ISI) is able to recreate very precisly all of details then it will look also very impresive in the sim.

All I want to say is that, if previous tracks (e.g. Lime Rock) look worse, it doesn't mean that they were created with less attention to details. You know, it's hard to create Lime Rock in better way, because it already contains so many details that there is no place for new one. It contains almost everything what real circuit has, but in real life LRP is quite simple track, kind of club track (I would say it has British style ;) ) . In other words, final effect depends on how real track looks like - you can't put into LRP houses from Monaco to increase visual quality ;)

15. Jize

Jize Registered

true lime rock is pretty simple in rl, and so it's in game. could have been done a better job on trees and bushes though.

16. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

I understand that, tracks are like they really are and there is no more to add.
    But I was referring to, for example, some textures in Malaysia (pianos mostly and track layout, not the environment which is like it should be), Palm Beach, Potugal,...there are some textures that can be changed/improved (colour palette and quality mostly) and can give an overall better look to the track if you know what I mean.

That is the only negative thing that I can say about those specific tracks.

And the example of Lime Rock, to me is one of the bests tracks in the vanilla game. The way textures are on track and everything looks great to me. (I use it to take pictures all the time and your tracks as well)

To me all tracks are great (layout) but the visual aspect when it comes to "realism", with little retouches in some textures, they can make it look a little bit better/realistic.

I like your tracks because the quality of the textures and the attention to detail that you put. ISI does this as well now but the first tracks needs some minor retouches in texturing. (my opinion)

By the way I made some shots at Palm Beach:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2013
  17. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Never noticed any pianos at Malaysia, like.

*excellent typo there bud!* :D

18. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Me neither, but perhaps they fall from the sky and crush Morris Marinas. ;)

19. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I know what you mean. All the ISI tracks are technically very well built, it's just the textures on the earlier tracks that let them down. I doubt they will be brought up to Silverstone standards but I can live in hope.

20. Armando

Armando Registered

It's not a typo, just a little translation mistake.
    In spanish we use the same word for the music instrument and for the kerbs. In this case I assume he means kerbs. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.