rF2 screen shots.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F1lover, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spider19462000

spider19462000 Registered

thats what happens when you go to a cheap garage for your M.O.T:D

2. tjc

tjc Registered

The ultimate cut`n`shut job there DJC lol... :D nice parking with the truck too.

Where you getting those nice Clio skins?

:)

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It was fun. I drove from Illinois to Kitchener, Ontario in one go, stayed with a sim racing buddy I had never met face to face, and his (now) wife, who was his girlfriend at the time (I tend to have that effect, leaving a wake of marriages behind me).

Then the next day drove from there to my hotel outside Montreal. Was at the GP for Friday, Saturday, Sunday, then Sunday night drove down to Connecticut and slept in the car (still in my nice shirt, trousers and shoes from being in the Paddock Club at the GP).

The guy I signed the license with woke me up at 4:30am and took me for a ride in their pace car (heheh), then he made sure I understood the preferred racing lines everywhere (I did anyway, but was nice to have confirmation, and that's what you have on the LRP profile page guide). By the time we were done with that, there was enough light for me to start shooting/surveying, and at 1.5 miles it really didn't cause that many problems during the day. The infield (and walking up and around every building) probably took more time than the track.

I was still done by the end of the day, then I left and drove all the way home, which took about 14 hours. Crawled into bed, the end. And yes, I've always been able to drive long distances, I should have been a truck driver.

4. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

Did those damned spoiled Montreal College kids spoil any of the fun for you? I was ready to knock any of them out if they came up to me complaining about their tuition rates (which are the lowest in the whole damn country).

5. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

That's a great idea. Never thought of that. What keys do you use to get to that camera position?

6. 88mphTim

Naa. I didn't see a single protester. I didn't really understand the issues of the protest very well, or see how it related in any way to an F1 event, it kind of just felt like the event was hijacked by the protest organizers. I think it's fine for folks to protest, but you need to also have some understanding that you're still better off than most of the planet.

7. 88mphTim

You can cycle camera groups with Page Down, then press End to deselect the car being followed. Or that's what I do...

8. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Lol just the handicap you need to come down to my level. Still working on motorsports ranch though so look out! LOL

9. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

The "issue" was that a bunch of college kids thought they shouldn't have to pay 'so much' in tuition. Ontario's average tuition is nearly double the Quebec average, and I don't think ours is even the highest in the country. In any case, they had been protesting and rioting for weeks to get the gov't to subsidize their tuition more than it already does. Because the Montreal GP is a major event that brings in a huge amount of revenue to the city, they wanted to do whatever they could to disrupt the event and harm the city financially. Security was quite high when I was there (I can't imagine any other year having that many cops around the city) and I guess none of them had the balls to do anything on the day, which is good.

Of course, I know a lot of people elected not to go to the event because of the threat of riots, so I guess they (somewhat) accomplished their goal.

All they really managed to achieve, though, was getting the rest of Canada to hate Quebec even more.

10. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Clio skin mod, it's from my friends at ~IsR~ http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/6938-IsR-Vmod-Collection.

@Kknorpp001 :D. :p

@Tim, with your background of Sim Racing I would be wanting to jump into the drivers seat and show him how to drive. Wow 1300 mile trip getting there. The things you do for us.

11. tjc

tjc Registered

12. gplayonline

gplayonline Registered

13. 88mphTim

I did get to drive. :)

14. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

That's disgusting

15. gplayonline

gplayonline Registered

16. tjc

tjc Registered

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2012
  17. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Just a touch of body roll... or you are headed for a barrel-roll.

18. tjc

tjc Registered

The latter I`m afraid... went rolling off into the armco and tyres. :D

Nasty!

19. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

Haha epic pic mate. Just so you know, the link is broken because there is no : after http.

It looks like this:

http//

20. tjc

tjc Registered

Oops! :eek:

lol... thanks Richie, I appreciate that mate as I never noticed. Fixed now. :)

***Edit***

Actually there is a : after the http... it looks like this http://

I just had in twice lol... :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.