gravel tracks and rallycross

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by zuikki1, Jan 18, 2012.

1. zuikki1

zuikki1 Registered

I know most people here are interested about racing at tracks made of tarmac , and not at rally or rallycross. Anyway I don´t see any proper simulation for rallycross available, only Rfactor1 and its also lacking many things- no nice real specs rallycross car mods but also not so good gravel physics.
    So here I see a a huge possibility in Rfactor2 to become a good platform for rallycross also. I saw some preview pics of offroad tracks for rfactor2. Is there going to be some support for gravel racing and if so, how about the changes at gravel surfaces ( dynamic gravel surface also :)) to the driveline something similar to the rubbered in surface at tarmac.. and are we gonna see any off road / gravel racing during beta session?

2. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I think that I did read from this forum that there will be gravel stuff, but later, not quite yet.

Offroad 4x4 stuff has always been something I have been interested, there has been some games, I think one was made by Virgin which I modded some damage stuff, but just recently I found out that there actually is track called My Backyard for rF1 that has surprisingly good off road trials when one just finds them, but of course there is quite bit of room for improvements in such surfaces so I think rF2 will be better in that area.

Just don't really know what to except to be coming, it is bit small audience and huge amount of work to get surface feel right for mud and gravel.

3. dano1990

dano1990 Registered

Correct jtbo, i posted in another section asking if dirt tracks would be supported and (sorry cant remember the guys name) confirmed that there would be support eventually,

I think there are some more important issues to get out the way 1st,

But nice to know we'll have support for some good offroad racing etc.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Unfortunately for off road, there's a much bigger market for tarmac racing than dirt/gravel. So we have to prioritize the workload.

5. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Richard Burns Rally, Colin McRae series, NFS Dirt, there has been quite many titles for other than tarmac too. Of course in US tarmac is most popular and probably your market is quite heavily in US, but maybe along the road at some stage it would provide some net income for investment.

Maybe sell it as expansion pack 2-3 years after a launch, I would buy it :D

6. RMayfield

RMayfield Registered

If rF2 keeps it's engine extremely complicated and technical, expect to see modders giving you exactly what you want in the future.

Mark my words, there will be a time in the next decade where game companies only design a User Interface in which to build your own game. They design the tools, and the thousands of people (instead of 10-20) do the rest. That is the future. The community will always do at least 10x more with the game than the actual designers do.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

As I said, we're planning to get there.

8. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Ah, you meant prioritizing in that way, my excuse is English being my 3rd language ;-)

9. zuikki1

zuikki1 Registered

This is great to hear.

10. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Actually, in the US, dirt racing is HUGE. Dirt track ovals can be found in small towns throughout the country. Then there's CORR, enduro rallies and the US Rally Championship is all gravel rallies. I hope that the gravel physics in rF2 are better than rF1 and that they get point to point timing right. It'll set rF2 apart from the other sim racing titles and that's part of the reason I got rF2- I want rally!

11. Jux

Jux Registered

:)

12. Silent_alarm

Silent_alarm Registered

13. bastins

bastins Registered

Unfortunately, I don't see the future being that generous. We'll certainly be getting empty games, but it surely won't be for the good of the modding community. It'll be for their own $50+ DLC. Like EA is doing with Battlefield 3, they won't let our greasy modding mitts anywhere near their game, maximizing potential DLC profits.

14. RMayfield

RMayfield Registered

I understand that completely...everyone wants more money. Eventually people will be tired of paying (hopefully) and move on to something better. EA is trying to make up for the used-game market's success with their DLC...rF2 is starting it's own time-based pay service (or the lifetime for a lumpsum) So yeah, it is all about money to the developer, but what the consumer wants is a fulfilling experience for the price. It's a shame that the biggest developer is dangling expensive candy in front of everyone's faces. Ah well...sorry for thread-jacking :)

15. Golly

Golly Registered

We are chomping at the bit for any offroad news... my avatar says it all on what we are into hehe.. ;)

16. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

rFactor2 I'm sure never will make high-quality surface for rally racing. LiveTrack initially does not work correctly. A lot of resources spent on the alpha channel Scribe of the car. I've lost faith in the quality product.
    I work in the rally-cross. rFactor2 podsilu not simulate the real surface of the gravel surface. So I stayed in rFactor1. I am not a difference between seeing and rF1 rF2. rF2 - it's just stuffed with plug-ins and the graphics are just horrible. 2 builds came after the release of the beta version, qualitative changes can not see. I am very disappointed in ISI, very much.
    Here is where the gallery is on the sandy surface LiveTrack work is not bad.
    http://postimage.org/gallery/762if1lw/

17. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

And by the way, I lost my steering wheel mechanism is broken, cracked gears after taking off in the gravel safety zone