How to create

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Senna94, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Senna94

Senna94 Registered

Hello

How to create a tgm for my tyres? I have use one for tests from the formula renault but it doenst work.
    And how to work that my tyres change the texture after a pitstop or under Garage.

View attachment 692
    View attachment 691

Thanks and good n8
    Julian

2. Tamas Pongracz

Tamas Pongracz Registered

In the tutorial section you can download the TGM tutorial, not easy, but we need to learn.
    The tire texture change is working. Just you need to type 3 options in the cockpitinfo.ini file.
    The first one is:
    WheelSpeedAnims=3 // if you have 3 texture for 1 compound
    WheelSpeedRPM=(168,672,1000,1500,2000) // RPM thresholds to switch animations between *speed* anims)
    GraphicalTireCompounds=2 // 2 if you have 2 compound

I tried this and works fine, i tried only 2 compound, still i don't know more than 2 compound is working or not.

3. Senna94

Senna94 Registered

Ok thanks for the answer.
    For example i will use 5 compound i must set 5 frames in 3d s max and set the GraphicalTireCompounds =5 right? But to do with the side from tyres. it looks ****ty if only one texture turns :D

4. Tamas Pongracz

Tamas Pongracz Registered

right, but if you do this, you need to change the wheelspeedanims to 1. But you can try 5 compound, and you make each compound for 3 (texture)anims, and after you set the wheelspeedanims to 3 and in the max you set the frames to 15 (0 to 14) maybe working but who knows? :) If we don't try something new we will never know the "tricks".

5. Senna94

Senna94 Registered

So now i have this:
    View attachment 710

And this from the cockpitinfo.ini:
    WheelSpeedAnims=1
    WheelSpeedRPM=(168,672,1000,1500,2000)
    GraphicalTireCompounds=5

But it doenst work.
    TREAD.dds, TREAD00.dds - TREAD03.dds are the same Texture. TREAD04.dds are Rain and TREAD05.dds are Wet Texture.

6. dv8r

dv8r Registered

am i right to read this as...
    for each compound you have a set amount of frames, so if you have 3 frames, compund 5 would use frames 12,13,14

7. Senna94

Senna94 Registered

i have for the test only 1 frame. it's only the surface-XD

8. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

0-5 should work, says so in tutorial. Also, uncheck skip 0 if you are using TREAD00.dds. Then setup the same for the sidewall.

9. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

so is it possible to get more than 2 compounds showing using 3 anims for each compound ?...ive tried many combos but can only get a maximum of 2 to show

10. Devin

Devin Member Staff Member

+1

11. bison160

bison160 Registered

Not sure if it matters, but if your using sequence 0-5, then I would change your texture names to tread0.dds, tread1.dds, etc. No need to have 00, 01, etc, if your only pulling one number, and it may just be your problem. I can also see that your animations are messed up. uncheck skip 0, and why 5 speeds? 3 looks plenty good? Dont think there is much to gain by using 5.

Reguardless, 0-5 sequense with skip 0 checked like you have it, would call (tread1.dds, tread2.dds, tread3.dds, tread4.dds, tread5.dds) for the first graphical compound. In your cockpit.ini you should have animations set to 5, and compounds set to however many sets of compounds you want to have.

12. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

not sure who you are trying to help there mate..if its senna i think he worked out those issues but he is only using 1 anim per tyre..we need a way of using 3 per tyre but for more than 2 compounds

13. bison160

bison160 Registered

Hmm, in his broken English I guess I didn't understand that he figured his problem out. Thought he was just stating he only has 1 texture.

I haven't tried what your saying yet but it seems pretty simple. x number of Graphical tire compounds X 3 wheelspeed anims = your total textures. Then just set it up in the ini. If its not working like that, then its probably something that is disabled or a bug.