RF2 Doubts...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nuno Dias, Jan 17, 2012.

1. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

The AI tend to prefer my car to said wall, lol. :)

2. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Most of my problems with AI seems to be caused by the AI driving like it's Ayrton Senna. It will not give up and will go into a disappearing gap every time. In a situation where any sane human driver that actually wants to finish the race would just concede the corner the AI will keep its line 'till the bitter end. Wouldn't mind if some of the drivers were like this, but it seems to happen with all of them. =)

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm gonna sound like a broken record but what Mod/Track/Strength/Aggression combo are you using?

I've been having a blast against the AI with this setup:
    Meganes
    Malaysia North Loop
    100% Strength
    70% Aggression
    Dry Conditions

During a 20Lap race I get 2 or 3 "Incidents" with the AI but nothing that puts me into a Spin unless its me who made the error (quite frankly I see more in online league/pick-up races!), I've had great 3-way battles in the opening laps and they behave very well (sure the odd tap here and there but nothing out of the ordinary). The obvious lack of Slipstreaming skill is annoying and sometimes they're too keen to get back on track, but like the rest of the sim the AI is gonna get better...happy with that!

(I am yet to fully try out the AI with Open Wheelers, gonna wait for the next Beta Build for that)

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

If you have your doubts don't bother. Wait until the demo is released.

5. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Strength 100%, aggression depending on the mod, can be between 25% and 75%. If the mod suggests an aggression setting, I'll use that. Most have these problems in the first corner exit at Mills and Eau Rouge at Spa. Mind you, I'm not crashing into them all the time, but when I do it's usually because they were trying to drive into a gap that was always going to disappear and they never had a chance to go pass me, coming in from a totally blind angle (not visible in mirrors and too far back to see by looking sideways). =)

6. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

I have been running at 110% and 100% aggression. I find the F1 starts at Spa amazing, the AI will pinch you but give you racing room, I make more mistakes than the AI if I overcook corner entry with them on the outside. When they are behind you they will more typically run off track than hit you in my experience.

They do make mistakes in front of you when committed (e.g. the Masta kink) and it is unavoidable but hey that happens in real world racing. If you treat the AI like high quality online competition they seem pretty good to me. Better than pretty good in fact!

The slight irritation I find is when the AI slows on corner exit for no obvious reason or even on a straight. As if they have triggered a random slow down moment. It makes it variable but could be done more subtely.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

To clarify that one, this is what you see coming out of the final turn at Monaco, for example?

8. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

The most obvious one I saw was on the run from Malmedy to Masta at Spa, maybe simulating a missed gear but it was as if the brakes came on whilst on the flat out straight. A few times exiting any corner at Spa the AI seem to slow down on exit when they appear to be dead straight to floor it. Other times they clearly run wide which is great.

It would be good to have a consistency tweak but this may well be in the ini files. The F1 AI seem a little bit too inconsistent at times for me.

All that said I think the AI are very encouraging and great fun to race with now.

9. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

when Meganes leave the pits and join the track proper they slow down when they swap from the pit way points to the track way points

10. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

On the AI thing: One hope of mine is that when(or is it if) offline championships are included, clicking "Finish Session" won't be as screwy as it is now in rF1. A great example of mine is in Historic GT & Touring Cars, where I'd just set a pole time that was two seconds faster than any other car in qualifying, then clicked "Finish Session", and dropped dead last, with the fastest car now showing a lap 15 seconds faster than mine. Then when I actually go to the race I easily take over the whole field of 35 cars in a matter of 6-7 laps, and when I look at the end results the fastest lap that any of the AI cars did was indeed two seconds off my qualification lap. I hope this won't repeat itself in rF2.

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yeah I know what you mean, the way around it if to use Time accelerate as the finish session seems to fake lap times too fast as you know. As a habit I've been time accelerating in RF2 anyway do not sure if its still the same.

12. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

How about - with that list of "I wants" - you dont buy a game in pre-release BETA.

13. Nuno Dias

Nuno Dias Registered

Sorry to dissapoint you, but i allready bought the game, thank you for the only negative input of the thread...

14. Nuno Dias

Nuno Dias Registered

First of all, thank you for taking the time to answer, that is one of the things that shows that this is a game worth having, the guys who make it really care for their costumers ;)

I have bought the game, just didn't find time to post a review of it, but i got to tell you, if this is the beta version, than i believe the final version will be fantastic, because it allready is, the FFB is my pain in almost any game and in this one i simple love it, even with ratling, who cares, it finaly feels like i'm driving a car on a real track, and the gfx are really good, i read a lot a people complaining but i do not agree, expecially the tracks, the tarmac and everything around it, really great, and for a beta i have had really no problems, some things just need some polish, but the physics are allready a lot better than any other game i had experienced, so i am really happy with what i bought...

Keep up the good work Tim & company ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012
  15. UOPshadow

UOPshadow Registered

Right now is the right time for Consumer Input, because it will make a better product in the end. It's exactly the reason why someone releases an OPEN Beta.

16. Nuno Dias

Nuno Dias Registered

+1

...and the good thing is that the guys from ISI know that e show it by participating in the forum, really nice too...

Now if any of the Moderators see this, you guys can close this one, i got the answers i needed, thank you to all that gave your cent...

:)

17. kevinb

kevinb Registered

Thanks to the guys at ISI! I see so many doom and gloom posts about Rf2, good god; it's a beta! Defects are is why good development teams and companies have a beta, "to shake out the crap."

Give them a pat on the back!!!!!