RF2 Doubts...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nuno Dias, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Nuno Dias

Nuno Dias Registered

Hi there guys,

I have been following the beta of RF2, and i have been thinking about buying the game, but i have some doubt's about the game, if someone could clear them for me it would help me make my decision.

I want a game with day / night transition, good tire simulation, changeable weather, everything this game has, but i play it mainly in single player and my doubt is if we can create custom championships in single player, can we choose the number of races, tracks, point system and type of cars available ?

And is it possible to choose at the start of a championship the type of weather we will have through the championship, and if there is day / night transition ?

I would love to buy this game but i really need to know ifthe final version of the game will have this kind of choices.

Thanks in advance.

2. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

I haven't seen anything about championships and point systems for that specific aspect of racing you might be better off with console racers where they focus more on singl eplayer , pionts and car collecting than raw phisics and player v player.

Rfactor really accels at on-line play with real people obviously that might not be an option for you. If there was a champion ship single player mode mod for RF1 its likely there will be one for RF2 be interesting to know.

one of the nicest things about RF2 that sets it apart from every other sim I have played is the day to night transition and the night lighting is really nice , Its clearly still beta but you can see the fundamentals are there for something gr8.

At the moment The beta only really offers a taster of the game its not a finalized product and is better for modders or people that have Rfactor itch so dont get it with the exspectation it will do all the things you listed.

If you were going to get it anyway you might as well get it now as you get the 6 month beta period + 12 months before you have to renue on-line play ( ofline always stays there)

Rf1 took about a year and a half to two years to mature , RF2 alredy has allot of the mod comunity behind it with allot of teams already working on content and moving Rf1 content across so I think RF2 should be matured 4-8 months after the beta , The core game will also come with more tracks and cars than Rf1.

For what you get Rf1 is really cheep anyway :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
  3. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

Bear in mind that rF1 had some pretty crappy AI too. So that pushed a lot of drivers into the fun that is multiplayer. The AI in rF2 is much improved, but not quite there yet.

4. UOPshadow

UOPshadow Registered

5. Nuno Dias

Nuno Dias Registered

Very good thread you posted, it would be great if those things were in the game, we can just hope some of them will be there,and it would be really good if someone "officialy" comented on this.

Don't get me wrong, i will probably play this online, but i play more offline then online, and in RF1 it was almost impossible because the AI was just about not there at all...

6. MarcusarilliuS_IRL

MarcusarilliuS_IRL Registered

If you participate in the beta you get an extra 6 months online as a thank you for beta testing so 18 months after the game releases before you need to renew your online subscription.

7. RJNL

RJNL Registered

Or you could get the lifetime subscription like I did. It will set you back 65 euro's but if you compare that to the price of lets say GT5 its pretty reasonable. Knowing what rFactor has become I don't have any doubts that rFactor 2 will best it in every aspect. Bottem line if you like rFactor you will love rFactor 2.

8. Tripp

Tripp Registered

When do we see and can use the update things to sort out some bugs i think that isi must inplant this updates fixing thing and let people now what they chance in the files so drivers can test that spefic problem that isi have try fix then we need a special root folder there just updates that isi do can be posted from tim or the modder that done the update of this beta so drivers now what to test must closed so it not can be filled with all kinds off new threads just simple and clean this forum looks like it has explode in 10.000 pieces to much Threads .

9. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

From what the ISI guys have said the 6 extra months are used to offset the beta period. It's not 18 months from the game release.

10. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

I would suggest to buy the game everything you mentioned has been mentioned in other threads are on the to do beta list- Overall you will be blown away as the game sits right now- I cant imagine this game Not getting a 9.5/10 When its release time!! the .5 is going to be from the lackluster Audio no offense but it could be alot better!But Yeah Buy the Beta and Help build your Sim.!

11. MarcusarilliuS_IRL

MarcusarilliuS_IRL Registered

Ah my bad. That makes sense I guess.

12. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Even though I can't stand to play it anymore since driving rF2 (yeah rF2 is spoiling me for other sims) GTR2 may be what the OP is looking for. It has all that and then some. Get the GTR2 Championship Manager and you can create your own custom championships. There is another mod that lets you set exactly what the weather will do as well.

13. Nuno Dias

Nuno Dias Registered

Thanks for the tip but i have already played GTR2 almost to exaustion, eheheheh, it's still a fantastic game.

I think i will give RF2 a try, my biggest problem with RF1 was that it felt really hard to recover the back of the car, so i had really low confidence to give it a go online, i rather be dead last then take someone out for a stupid driver error.

Anyway, thanks for all the good answers you guys gave me, this forum seems a lot more civilized and friendly then the average forum nowadays.

14. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

This aspect is the single most improved thing in Rf2 the tire model and phisics are WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY more forgiving than Rf1 and the FFB gives you a far stronger idea of what the back end is doing especially on braking and fast corners.

Its still a tiny bit lacking on rear wheel spin when you accelerate out of corners but its more than good enough for tin top cars and the more heavy class cars.

You still get a fair bit of crashing online but because the phisics are stronger its much esear to avoid a crash infront of you without geting yourself into a tank slapper, its allso possable to be bumped by people and not have that make your car fly off the track.

just play the magane online its 100x better than AI , AI will always be **** evan if it was realy good it will ultimetly feel cheep in the sense that when it beats you it will feel like a fixed thing the computer did and when you beat it it will feel like the AI was just set to easy.

playing on line you will improve your driving far more than you would in single player and get to chat to people who can help you / you can follow.

If you are just playing for the casual aspect of winning races and the general idea of racing and a bit of challenge but in a more relaxed way , forza 4, Gt5 and the console games are realy good for that , But if like me you are spoiled by PC sim physics (LFS,Rf2,NKP,iRacing) those games just feel cheep and tacky.

If you do get into online play buy a stress ball and put it on your desk :) If you are friendly people wont mind so much if you accidently crash them its only people that don't move out of the way of front runners or suicide run T1 every single race that should be put to death.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2012
  15. Heracross

Heracross Registered

I haven't read anything about the game coming with championships, but all ISI engines from the past had the code inside to create your own championship with the tracks you want and rules and points etc. This might take some learning but it is very possible I'm sure in rf2 too.

Online is really best and especially in leagues, you get to know people and most I have met in sim-racing are nice and mature. It's a bit scary at first maybe to drive with real people if you never did it before but in the end it will give the best experience and most fun :)

16. Nuno Dias

Nuno Dias Registered

Thanks for the great answer, and you are spot on, canĀ“t really play console games because their feel is just strange, i had a PS3 and liked it so much that after months of using it to gather dust (LOL) i finaly sold it ;)

I will give this game a try, and will go for the online experience.

17. mrp510

mrp510 Registered

Does anyone know when we'll start seeing mods (cars/track) start to become available?

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Do you mean from modders, or from ISI?

ISI will release packages as and when we can, depending on what the guys are having to work on from feedback about their previous releases.

Modders have just started to put out some content... Don't think the wait will be much longer.

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

There's currently no championship scheduler, etc, in rF2. But the transitional requests you have are covered.

It is important to note that there are some bugs, and it is going to be possible that you'll be running a race against the AI and they all just run themselves into a wall for no reason... :) Just being brutally honest!

20. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

Out of everything that has been said in these forums I REALLY like this Quote, Stay honest Tim and you will have friends for life! :D