What to expect from the subscription.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darkmind, Jan 17, 2012.

1. darkmind

darkmind Registered

Hi all.

Im sorry if this has been asked before, but i could not find the informatione anywhere.

I have never played the original rFactor because og all the alternatives around, so i dont have any background knowledge at all.

So my question here is, since the game is sunscription based, is it then like an MMo where there once or twise quarter year is released a new update with new tracks and stuff or is it just a way to keep real sims in the game and casuals off the game?

Hope anyone can give a propper answer before i buy a lifetime licens:)

-Darkmind

2. theother5

theother5 Registered

The yearly sub opens up access to multiplayer online racing. Updates and addtional content will be released regularly and this is expected to continue for the lifecycle of rF2. The online account will simplify content updates etc and I think it's a response to an issue with content mismatches which plagued rF1 also.

Lifetime sub obviously makes this a one time purchase. It offers nothing special above and beyond that.

3. darkmind

darkmind Registered

Great, thanks for the answer Theother5. It was exactly what i was looking for:)

4. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

And even if you don't pay for the subscription you can still get the added content and all the other updates (and mods), you just won't be able to play them online.