How to inverse FFB on rFtrainer (development version, Thrustmasters T500RS)

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by gadaga, Jan 17, 2012.

1. gadaga

gadaga Registered

Hi,

As there is no prebuild controller files in the development version (as far as I can see), I have to map all controls (steering etc) one by one manually.

On my Thrustmasters T500 RS, helas, the FFB effects are inverted, that is the forces pull the wheel to the exterior and not to the center.

Normally this can be fixed by the "Inverse FFB" checkbox but I cannot see such checkbox here.

Has anybody found the solution for this please?

Thanks (and sorry if already discussed)

2. stjern

stjern Registered

go to my documents/rfactor2/userdata/player/controller.ini
    and put a minus sign before the force strengths
    Steering effects strength="-10000.00000"

you might also have to change: Skip updates="0" to something above 0, i had to with my microsoft wheel to sort this.

3. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

@gadaga
    First of all, load profile for TRS - that's the one for T500RS (but with wrong name, that's why it's not applied automatically).

Be sure you have the latest drivers from Thrustmaster website and set Skip updates to "0" (YES, set 0!). Why's that and why it's set to "1" by default, is already described on the forum.

DON'T give such advices if you are not fully sure, if they are OK.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

There is a preset, but it's wrongly named. It will be fixed in the next update. If you have the latest drivers you should NOT need to skip FFB updates.

5. markusmatthias

markusmatthias Registered

you only need to copy the "Ferrari F1 wheel Integral T500.ini" from rfactor2/userdata/controller to rfactor2/moddev/userdata/controller that's it. now you can load the t500rs profile.