Problem with microsoft wheel, ff is inverted.

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by stjern, Jan 17, 2012.

1. stjern

stjern Registered

Hi!
    I have a Microsoft Sidewinder FF USB wheel that works great on most games, it works perfekt on Rfactor1.
    In the Beta however FF seems to be inverted, when the wheel is supposed to drag in one direction it drags in the opposite.

For example if I turn the wheel at speed, instead of forcing the wheel back it is forced in the same direction as im turning.
    This makes it impossible to drive with FF. For example if i turn the wheel just a little bit to the right and let it go the FF will force it to the right untill it is fully turned to the right. It's clearly just a matter of forces beeing inverted I think.

Any ideas how to fix this?

BTW the wheel is from dec 1998 I think so there are no official drivers to windows XP.

Specs: 2.66 ghz windows XP... you don't wana hear the rest lol getting new rig soon tho:)

2. stjern

stjern Registered

Fixed... all you need to do is change Skip updates="0" to something else(in controller.ini)

This completly changed the game, before the physics were all wrong and the game wasnt in real time.

All I have to say is great game runs smooth on my old computer A++;)

3. estravagancia

estravagancia Registered

I had the same problem; FF seems to be inverted. Solved doing this:
    Go to controller -> load -> Ferrari F1 Wheel integral t500
    After that, remap the Keys (select on screen, and press the button on wheel)

I have too, in controller.ini
    Skip updates="1"

Best regards