Older TSW2 USB wheel not detected

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Bsmooth, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Bsmooth

Bsmooth Registered

I'll check the calibration again, and make sure eveerything is ok.It still should be the same,but then again you never know.Great suggestion though, didn't think of it at all.
    Or as I found out last night when trying to run an early 60's f1 car around Spa, "can't see the forest for the trees", especially when your in them at the time !

2. rml64

rml64 Registered

LOL. I got stuck in the fence at spa, I got a good look at the animated horses, pretty cool actually. I am having a blast with the old f1 cars, they are beast's. I will like them even better when I learn how to drive them better....lol

3. Bsmooth

Bsmooth Registered

With much help from all including Dave from TSW(always a great help) it was my windows calibration ,it just wasn't there. I now get those great graphs, however I still can't seem to drive in a straight line, I wind up weaving back and forth and crashing all the time,Do I have it too sensitive maybe. theres no way I could run side by side with another car this way. The other thing is once out on the track I can't get reverse gear at all, its just not there.
    I can't seem to find the Brabham F1 car either, is it a seperate download?
    The animations are cool too I was in the pits and I could swear there was a guy with people standing around selling food.Before you know it we'll have scratch and sniff too !

4. JGraf

JGraf Registered

this comment suggested your wheel was configured through windows, had you not said this we would have resolved your controller troubles much sooner.
    glad it's working for you anyway.

5. Bsmooth

Bsmooth Registered

I had no idea there even was a calibration in Win7, its definately hidden away. I didn't need one in iRacing and didn't think I needed one for Rfactor2 either. That was my error, but for other isues, should I start a seperate post for:

6. JGraf

JGraf Registered

the steering rotation of my tsw2 is roughly 320* lock-to-lock, so i set the steering range slider to 320*.
    beside the steering range slider is a "vehicle set" button, when selected will force use of the chosen cars designed range of steering rotation, and could produce undesired results on tsw2's limited rotation design.
    the steering wheel graph has a sensitivity slider, 100% is full linear (normal), modifying the <percentage> will distort the steering causing it to progress faster or slower the further from center you turn the steering wheel.
    the steering graph has range settings, it is possible to calibrate the SET MAX LEFT | SET MAX RIGHT range too narrow and make steering input have a very quick sharp response.
    to use the full rotation of your steering controller hold the wheel full left and click SET MAX LEFT button, release wheel to self center and click CENTER button, hold the wheel fully right and click SET MAX RIGHT button, that should provide a natural feel throughout the steering range.
    for your reverse gear, be sure it calibrated in windows game controllers, it might not have assigned the axis, on a sequential shifter you do not assign the neutral axis in game, but if you did assign a button you would have to press it first when shifting from forward gear into reverse.
    i don't think the brabham was released in this beta test, could be wrong but i don't have it either.

cheers'

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2012
  7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I have the sensitivity in the middle of the wheel rotation flattened quite a bit for the historics in an attempt to stop me launching into a tree coming off each turn. I suggest playing with the sensitivity.