Mod Manager Questions

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Kyle House, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Kyle House

Kyle House Registered

Two things

1. Why is there a difference in the listing of the mods when the program is launched from the launcher and when I launch it myself from it's EXE?

2. I'm trying to put the trainers released in the ModDev folder into rF2. I've followed the tutorial, I've cut and paste sections from other RFM's because the ones in game look nothing like the ones given for the trainers and I cannot get it to work as a full mod. The components work individually but as a mod package it will not show up in game, leading me to believe it is an RFM issue. When I launch the Mod Manager program from it's EXE I see the three mods you released installed and then under ***Problem Mods*** is the trainer mod I am working on. Is there any log or anyway to find out exactly what the problem is that is causing it to hang up? Note: The mod does not show up when I launch Mod Manager from the rF2 Launcher.

2. krivjur

krivjur Registered

Unfortunately I can't give good answer to this, having same issues really.

1. I'm not sure what exactly you mean, but I've noticed that in my "packaging area" rFactor2\rf2_mods\Modmgr.exe shows up the mod fine and I can install it, but the "launch rFactor" (rFactor2\Core\Modmgr.exe) shows it as "problem mod".
    Edit: Well, I get it now heh. Doing it from launch rFactor, the mod is invisible, but launching from rFactor2\Core\Modmgr.exe directly shows it under ***Problem Mods***.

2. I've only opened up all_cars_and_tracks_10.rfm in addition to the testingmod.rfm. Can't seem to extract .mas files on others. I've tried new RFM with different mod name, but that didn't seem to help. The filters shouldn't be used when making a new package, and rules definitely shouldn't block out the whole mod.

I just did some unrelated Dev mode stuff and coming back to the normal mod manager, my mod now was visible on the list and wasn't under ***Problem Mods***. So I installed, but it disappeared completely from the list.

Definitely need more time to figure out what is related to what. There are some bugs in the Mod manager, like if you look at Properties, you can't install until you restart it. Would be interesting to know how many people have successfully installed mods to the normal game, or even further, managed to make a properly working update package.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
  3. GonZo1312

GonZo1312 Registered

I am experiencing the same here, I followed the tutorial 2 times but it keeps saying ***Problem Mods*** in the modmanager through the launcher.
    I noticed in the launcher at the last tab in the log it says:

Mod "TestMOD 1.0" contains an updated component "Joesville 1.0" no base component installed.
    Mod "TestMOD 1.0" contains an updated component "rFTrainer 1.0" no base component installed.
    Mod "TestMOD 1.0" contains an updated component "rFTrainer_Vehicle 1.0" no base component installed.

Further I noticed when right clicking on a working ISI mod and looking at the "properties" advanced screen, the content varies every time I open it. Sometimes is empty, another time only the tracks form a mod show and sometimes all series content show, It looks very random. Also the status "Installed" varies and says "no" sometimes when the mod is installed an working. All through the modmanager via the launcher.

4. LjTiger69

LjTiger69 Registered

Copy ModMgr.exe and place it into a root folder and run from here. Or run it from the Launcher (run rF2 and than click on "Manage Mods")

5. LjTiger69

LjTiger69 Registered

Bug:eek: