THANK YOU VERY MUCH IMAGE SPACE (you've excelled yourselves)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wizz, Jan 16, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Wizz

Wizz Registered

Having had the beta since last Tuesday and also reading the forums since then, I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to EVERYONE involved at ISI.

You seem to have had a lot of harsh posts and comments that are simply not needed or constructive, yet you've not allowed yourselves to be drawn into arguements or points of view and I'd like to congratulate you for that.

Also, it seems wierd that there are so many posts about this and that, yet not too many people have said "you know what, all in all you've done an excellent job with rFactor2 considering it's the first open beta and you should be proud of yourselves, thank you."

So, I'm saying a big Thank You to everyone at ISI for all the work you've already done to create this open beta and all the work you've still got to do.

I just wish that some people would learn what a beta mod is, yes you need feedback to help solve certain issues or to discover new issues that you didn't know about (but this can be done in a pleasant and constructive way, rather than some of the mumping, moaning and non constructive points of view). Sure, it's a beta and there are issues here and there, but they are relatively small issues and a lot of them will disappear as the interface gets more of the options like rF1's interface and as further updates come out and as we get closer to the full release. I think some people on here think this is the full release :confused: and don't realise that probably 70-80% of the issues and moans will be eliminated by the time of the full release.

Here is hopefully some helpfull information for rF2 Users, more than ISI:-
    I run rF2 with an i7 @3.8Ghz, 6Gb of DDR3 RAM and a GTX580 SC on a Win 7(x64) system, on a 50" Full 3DHD (which rF2 works, runs and looks great in full 3D). With this setup, I run everything in rF2 on the Max settings (HDR on) and further ini/plr changes and my fps doesn't seem to drop below 75/80fps (wither it's Day, Night, Raining or not) and it can reach 150+fps at times. However, anything over 60fps is NOT noticeable and therefore 60fps is what YOU need to aim for.

Another member in our group has a new games machine with the i7 Sandybridge @ 4.6Ghz, Motherboard, 8Gb of DDR3 RAM and a GTX460 on a Win 7(x64) system. Even with these pc specs, he can't run everything at full, as he gets some stuttering, however, he only has to turn the texture down a little and he still has HDR on.

As his CPU/Motherboard and RAM are better than mine, but my GPU is better than his and I don't have any issues at all with everything Max'd and he does, proving that it's not necessary a CPU issue due to the program not being optimized. I'd suggest the best thing to change (if needed) would be the GPU, but first I'd play about with some of the ini'plr settings (and keep an original backup of anything you change).

I'd reckon £300-£400 ($400-$600) will get a decent brand GPU and that's really nothing to spend, considering how long rF2's going to be about and how much enjoyment you'll get from it over the years, not to mention all the new features it has. It'd be a shame for people to miss out on all of these features for the cost of a good racing wheel and lets face it, you wouldn't do proper sim racing unless you had the devices (racing wheel/pc components etc) to get the most realism and the best potential from the software. And, if you don't have the hardware to currently best utilise rF2, then it's something to aim for and look forward to in the future, with your next upgrade.

However, I would STRONGLY ask ISI NOT to LOWER the Level of rF2's requirements (just to suit some people, probably a majority on here, but a minority in the world), as lots of people can run it, or are serious enough to be happy, that they have to upgrade certain things to get the most out of rF2 (because it's WORTH it). At the end of the day, we all want the most realistic sim racing we can get, it's called Next Gen or Pushing the Limits for a reason (and rF2 provides that next level). I think it's good if you have to upgrade a new part of your machine or even the whole machine, to run your favourite sim and do your hobby, as it shows that it has evolved and been developed further than it was. In fact, I'd have been happier if rF2 was DX11 or at least DX10, but we all have to compromise at times (wither is not using the latest software or if it's too advanced and we have to run it just below the max settings).

Anyway, I've said my piece and here's another Thank You to everyone at ISI and the modders involved in the beta.
    Wizz.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
  2. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

Just throwing money at it isn't the answer, there are people with better cards than mine who are having problems.

My current card is much better then my previous three but this card is the only one that has stutter in rF1.

I don't mind buying a card to get better FPS but to fix what could be a bug would be a gamble.

3. LeZaz

LeZaz Registered

:)
    You are perfectly right and my machine is by far not as performing as your's.

ISI does deserve a round of applause and @ 45$ Cdn of so, this is not expensive for an excellent race sim like rf2.

LeZaz

4. Wizz

Wizz Registered

I don't disagree that there could be bugs or issues F2kSel, that's why I said "IF NEEDED" regarding a new GPU. I was just putting the point over that it might be GPU issues, as opposed to CPU, because of the facts we've found between people in our league.

Anyway, my MAIN point is to thank ISI for producing what they have, with more to come. As for the issues etc, I'm sure most will get sorted as the beta develops, but certain things will take time and if you don't want to wait, then all you can do is take the chance of solving some issues with newer hardware.

5. Wizz

Wizz Registered

I must admit, I thought more people would have liked to say Thank You to ISI. O'well, thanks anyway to LeZaz for his post....

6. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

However, I would STRONGLY ask ISI NOT to LOWER the Level of rF2's requirements (just to suit some people, probably a majority on here, but a minority in the world), as lots of people can run it,

100% AGREE I am at the Bare Minimum of requiremets! Dont Change a Thing let Me/Us Change.

7. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

Loving the F2s at Spa, they just seem to work well graphically, handling and racing the Ai. Simply can't get enough!

8. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

hi can you give me your VideoGUID ? its in config.ini I want to try something! thx

9. Wizz

Wizz Registered

Nicely said Mitt, that's exactly what I mean.

10. EdwardC

EdwardC Registered

I'd like to say thank you to ISI as well, this is a remarkable achievement. RF2 has rekindled my love of race sims and possibly many others as I am seeing names in the forums that I have not seen in a long time :cool:
    And it is only a Beta! I can hardly wait for the final product.

Cheers

11. dice65

dice65 Registered

i also would like to thank isi for a great sim , im sure it will get better with time just like rf1 has , i have a good mid range system an do get some studdering here an there but i am wondering if maybe my lcd TV might be the issue , its a 37in LG 1080p 60hz set , about 4yrs old now , i am going to try my 55in samsung set tonight and see ,will post back later , isi keep up the good work !!

12. dice65

dice65 Registered

well i moved my computer and play seat tonight and hooked it up to my newer TV , did a clean install on xp , ati drivers 11.8 , no tweaks to the game at all , 1920x1080 x32 , the game ran just as good as anything else i have !! no studders no nothing , like a hole different game , now i have to get a new TV to use as my monitor , or maybe my 1yr old sony hdmi cable is junk ,ill buy a new 1 just to make sure , isi the game runs awesome !! thank you

13. Vistaro

Vistaro Registered

Good post Wizz!
    I agree about keeping the level high and also a big thanks to the ISI team for this sim.

14. aussiemart

aussiemart Registered

I agree they should keep all the eye candy but try to make the in game adjustments work better for fps, if they added veiwing distance im sure this would make a big improvment.