How many FPS are you expected for rF2 Final RELEASE??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by grumete, Jan 16, 2012.

1. grumete

grumete Registered

Today whit BETA the FPS whit a Gamer Computer is not the most wonderfull of the rF2, I'm sure they are working to fix.

Today I have 300FPS on rF1 whit 1920x1080 whit Antialiasing Level at 6, Anisotropic x16 and all grafics options at full.

Whit rF2 Antialiasing Level at 1 whitout Oclusion and Refeflxions and Anisotropic x2 whit all at Full and the best moments I have 70FPS.

This is my Computer:
    Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition
    ATI Radeon 6950 2Gb
    w7 64bits

My cuestion:

Have you and FPS target for Final RELEASE in Gamers Computers??

Because if ISI is expending a lot of time for optimice Oclusions, reflexions and another wonderfull effects but is impossible enjoy of this because the FPS down to 15-20, Perhaps it would think of another programming strategy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
  2. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Twice as long as half a piece of string?

That's a fairly arbitrary question as you state neither the conditions nor the resolution and I doubt that even if you did ISI or anyone else could give you a real answer on that one.

3. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

Well i hope that recommended specs wont change because i have very similar pc to them. So i hope i will be able to run final version with 20 AI, mix of high/med settings with HDR, no matter rain or night. I can go for some lower resolutions because they give me great performance boost but right now everything else then screen native resolution looks blurry. I wonder how they come up with those recommended specs before optimizing the game?

4. osella

osella Registered

This is not going to change I can guarantee :) As it has nothing to do with software, LCD monitors always bad at any non native res. You'd need old CRT.

5. SacaSoh

SacaSoh Registered

A PC with above recommended settings should run at more than 60fps, everything high, 4x AA, without stutters. The graphics engine looks badly optimized now, so i think that ISI have room to achieve this.

6. osella

osella Registered

This question really has infinite answers though, it's all up to settings. I could probably have 100fps with my 5770... at 800x600 and all low, means nothing.

7. grumete

grumete Registered

But many people have invested in hardware to enjoy the illusion of 100% of our games. This is the first racing game I can not put the graphics to the max and if this is not possible perhaps should consider the option Refund Request

8. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

That'd be extremely premature; besides, how long does that investment entitle you to run everything at 100%? I'm not doubting that a 6950 should get good results but it's not the top of the market these days so I'm more questioning the general sentiment of the statement.

9. javixeneize

javixeneize Registered

you'd better invest in your eyes. Max fps supported by standard eyes is 60 fps

10. Doc_

Doc_ Registered

So if I'm running medium settings and getting 50 to 120 fps on an 8800gt, that tells me its not your hardware.
    Even with that frame rate, it doesnt make it "smooth".
    I have a q6600 running at 2.88ghz with only 2 gig of ram. Going to upgrade to 8 gig ram this week. OC'ed the card bigtime.
    I think this says its not a hardware problem.

11. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

The rendering engine needs work, there's no doubt, but that's what BETA implies. And hey, even in early beta phase it's far less broken than the PC port of GTA4.

12. gniewko

gniewko Registered

well, I think there should be not only minimum/recommended, but also maximum system requirements, which let somebody run the game in Full HD settings.

13. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

That's more or less impossible due to the permutations involved and the quirks of each engine and would require the companies obtain said expensive hardware in large amounts. Honestly you should just be patient and your gameplay experience will improve.

14. mojododo

mojododo Registered

You do realise this is a BETA release, where testing and improving of the game engine makes the final game?

So far there seems to be no graphical optimisations done, and both ati and nvidia havent brought out new drivers for rf2 either.

Just wait until final release if you dont like this, it will be much better.

15. grumete

grumete Registered

Not is a problem whit how many frames can read ours eyes, The problem is if we can use all grafics improvements

16. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

Im playing many games with different resolution then my native, and its perfectly fine as long as you keep aspect ratio of your screen. In rf2 not only its blurry but it leaves black strips on top & bottom of my screen like sometimes when you watch movies in different aspect ratio then your screen. So im guessing this hasn't been worked on yet.

17. Wizz

Wizz Registered

I run rF2 with an i7 @3.8Ghz, 6Gb of DDR3 RAM and a GTX580 SC on a Win 7(x64) system on a 50" Full 3DHD (rF2 works and looks great in full 3D). With this setup, I run everything in rF2 on the Max settings (HDR on) and further ini/plr changes and my fps doesn't drop below 75/80fps (wither it's Day, Night, Raining or not) and it can reach 150+fps at times. However, anything over 60fps is NOT noticeable and therefore 60fps is what to aim for.

I know someone else in our group who has the new i7 Sandybridge @ 4.6Ghz, Motherboard and 8Gb of DDR3 RAM and a GTX460 on a Win 7(x64) system. Even with these pc specs, he can't run everything at full, as he gets some stuttering, however, he only has to turn the texture down a little, but he still has HDR on.

As his CPU/Motherboard and RAM are better than mine, but my GPU is better than his and I don't have any issues with everything at Max and he does, I'd suggest the best thing to change would be the GPU.

I'd reckon £300-£400 will get a decent brand GPU and that's really nothing to spend, considering how long rF2's going to be about and how much enjoyment you'll get from it, not to mention all the new features it has. It'd be a shame for people to miss out on all of these features for the cost of a good racing wheel and lets face it, you wouldn't do proper sim racing unless you had the devices (wheels/pc components etc) to get the most realism and the best potential from the software. And, if you don't have the hardware to best utilise rF2, then it's something to aim for and look forward to in the future.

However, I'd STRONGLY ask ISI NOT to LOWER the Level of their program requirements (just to suit some people), as lots of people can run it, or are serious enough to be more than happy, that they have to upgrade certain things to get the most out of rF2, because it's WORTH it and we all want the most realistic sim racing we can get, it's called Next Gen or Pushing the Limits for a reason (and rF2 provides that next level). In fact, I'd have been happier if rF2 was DX11 or at least DX10, but we all have to compromise at times.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
  18. osella

osella Registered

Ah OK, didn't know that, I usually run everything at native and just decrease details to get more fps, and not decrease res.

19. Bty

Bty Registered

Every time F1GP was released I upgraded my PC.

Some games deserves new hardware.

This time, my CPU was good enough, so I bought a shiny new Nvidia 570.

20. Wizz

Wizz Registered

That's what I'm talking about, nice one Bty..:D