Please Help ISI guys!

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by miguelskaff, Jan 15, 2012.

1. miguelskaff

miguelskaff Registered

Hello,

I'm a long time rfactor fan and couldn't wait for rF2 to be played. I bought it and though i checked your recommended system requirements, it has not been possible to make it work properly.

These are my specs:

2.66GHz Intel Core i5-750 Quad Core Processor with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.2GHz
    8GB DDR3 Memory
    ATI Radeon HD 5750 Graphics Card; High-Definition Audio Support with 7.1-channel Audio Support
    Windows 7 Home Premium

First thing when i installed, started experiencing a lot of lines that come from the sky making it impossible to play. You can check a pictureof this issue here:
    pic.twitter.com/1UecNvfT

After a lot of twitching, i found out that turning the shadow blur off solved it.

Anyway i was not satisfied with the overall performance. I updated my video card driver, run the catalyst, put all settings in favour of performance and also lowered the resolution with the ingame option to 1600x900, turned the antialiasing off and still it doesn,t run properly.

At this moment i am without any more option to change and even though my specs are above your recommended, it doesn't run properly at the point that is unplayable.

It's a pitty, so i appreciate your analysis of this situation and your comments.

Miguelskaff

2. kmw

kmw Registered

miguelskaff, sorry to see your problems, I have HD5750 and have not had any of those graphical glitches, is your card working ok with other games? :)

3. MarcoP

MarcoP Registered

I have an i7 2700, nvidia Gtx 580 1,5 gb, ram 8GB pc16000, ssd 120 sata 6gb/s AA6x, everything on max, no HDR and I got more than 100 FPS megane, grid full of Ai drivers, practice session.

May be the difference is caused by hard drive or memory performance.

4. miguelskaff

miguelskaff Registered

Kmw, yes my PC is working fine with rF1, race on, iracing, GTR2. With CARS i am not at 100% but is playable.

5. miguelskaff

miguelskaff Registered

Does anyone know how to measure in game FPS?

6. Nizmo

Nizmo Registered

<Ctrl> F will do it.

7. MJP

MJP Registered

Your video card like my 8800GTS (G92) is just below the recommended (GTS250/HD4870) although you have the benefit of 1GB of VRAM.

I have everything OFF or LOW @1680x1050 but I can only really run the 60's cars at Spa without too many problems although your CPU is far superior to mine (E5200@3.3GHz). I think we both need a vid card upgrade although I do wonder about my CPU as the ingame physics bar shows at 50% minimum and online with 15-20 cars hovers around the 90% mark! :(