Dedicated server : Could not connect to matchmaker.

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by tom ilsbroux, Jan 15, 2012.

1. tom ilsbroux

tom ilsbroux Registered

After running a while running fine the dedicated server seems to loose it connection with the Matchmaker.
    I would expect it comming back automatically. But it seems it doesn't.

Restarting it runs fine again.

Is this normal ?
    This is a big issue as there is nothing worse for a league to have its server offline. It gives alot of work for the admins.

2. tom ilsbroux

tom ilsbroux Registered

Thx for the help NOT.

So again why does the dedicated server losing connection to the Matchmaker and doesn't auto connect again.
    This is realy annoying for leagues.

Can I have some feedback here THANK YOU.

If this is the benefit of the Matchmaking service then please drop it.

3. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

Does this happen all the time? For how long can you stay connected? I haven't seen anything about anyone else having this problem, which then could mean that the problem is on your end.

Are you on a wireless connection or hard-wired to a router? If you're wireless and can hard-wire your connection, try that and see if you still get the disconnects.

Alan

4. tom ilsbroux

tom ilsbroux Registered

Its runs together on a dedicated server with rF1 dedicated server.

The rF1 runs forever no problem. But the rF2 one looses connection to the matchmaker now and then (can be after a few days) which is problably due to the Matchmaker beeing offline, which isn't a big problem. The problem is : It doesn't reconnect.

So my question is : Shouldn't the rF2 dedicated server automatically reconnect to the Matchmaker (what ever the reason was it disconnected) ??

5. Spadge

Spadge Registered

I read the first post and was going to try to help.

Then I read the second post and changed my mind.

Byeee. :)

PS if restarting the server fixes it then just do that.

6. tom ilsbroux

tom ilsbroux Registered

Sry didn't mean to be rude.

Restarting is no solution. A league wants its server online as much as possible. As an admin you don't want to check every hour to see if the server is running.

Just checked, yep again lost it connection to Matchmaker.

So anyone from ISI can you answer this one. Can't say i am impressed at all about the support given.

7. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

Check your firewall. Something there is probably getting in the way, disabled or not.

Alan

8. Spadge

Spadge Registered

Please do remember that this beta phase is not really intended for leagues and players as much as it is for modders to get used to how things have changed and to give them time to create content in time for the general release.

That said, have you tried running TCPView to see what's going on with connections?

Is the server on your home network?

What else is running on that machine?

I wonder if one of the ISI peeps (you know who you are) would be so kind as to say a brief word on server logging, command line switches etc?

9. tom ilsbroux

tom ilsbroux Registered

Its a external dedicated server without firewall. Have seen it running fine for days and then the connection to Matchmaker is gone.
    Like i mention this isn't a big deal. But I would expect it to reconnect. But it doesn't.
    And this is very disturbing for me, even it beeing a BETA.
    Also like i mention the rF1 dedicated server runs on the same machine without any issues.

Matchmaker looks like great but I hope this isn't the downside of it.

So again can someone some ISI at least mention they read this and looking into it. So the final version this is solved.

10. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

Since you're the only one having this issue, as far as I've been able to tell, why would it be the game's problem? More than likely it is something on your end. It is not ISI's job to figure out why one person is having a problem, when everyone else is having no problems with the matchmaker.

Alan

11. Spadge

Spadge Registered

That's what I was thinking, Alan. If nobody else is complaining about the problem then it's probably not an ISI problem.

Tom, run TCPView on the server and have a look at what is listening on what ports when rf2 isn't hosting. Then start the dedi server and watch what it tries to connect to and on which ports, and also what it is listening on. Report back with your findings.

12. tom ilsbroux

tom ilsbroux Registered