Disabled free move toggle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jimmy, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered

Hi all rFactor 2 developers...

Sorry for my English, English not very good so I used to help Uncle Google

Our league is focused solely on driving from the cockpit. Unfortunately, disabling the Free Toggle block us often makes it impossible to hold fair among the league race because we know that other people use this feature to "left" from the cockpit at least on the hood and thus had a far greater insight than the fair rider riding in the cockpit. This view makes sometimes a second or two per round, depending on route length, which we tested. We hoped that in rFactor 2, this function block to go to just key on Free Toggle not worked ... Thanks for exploring this option to block this function.

--- This is for Czech-speaking people translate...

Naše liga je zaměřena výhradně na jízdu z kokpitu. Bohužel, znemožnění zablokování funkce Free Toggle nám často znemožňuje uspořádat férový meziligový závod, protože víme, že ostatní lidé této funkce využívají, aby "odjeli" z kokpitu minimálně na kapotu a takto měli daleko větší rozhled, než férově jedoucí jezdec v kokpitu. Tento rozhled dělá někdy i sekundu až dvě na kolo, dle délky tratě, což máme vyzkoušené. Doufali jsme, že v rFactor 2 by tato funkce, mohla jít zablokovat, aby prostě klávesy na Free Toggle nefungovali... Díky za prozkoumání této možnosti zablokovat tuto funkci.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2012
  2. ROON

ROON Registered

It is difficult to understand your message, Google translate isn't the most reliable of tools. But to my understanding you're saying that you dislike the option for servers to allow users to race in any view they chose? With the reason being that those who race using the hood camera gain a greater perspective of the circuit than those who race 'inside' using the cockpit camera? If this is correct, I would suggest that you discuss it with the server hosts, since it is a server side option to force one view in particular. If ISI were to limit everyone to one view, there would be many disappointed customers.

3. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered

No no no no no.... :) With server is not problem. Dedicated sets Force View Cockpit! ONLY... But, in Control Setings is FREE TOGGLE CAMERA. This is camera, controlled with Mouse and keyboard and allows modify view (e.g. for Video cuts). This is not as moving the seat. one option is to go with the camera on the hood, or lollipop... Then the server setings, to lock cocpit view like nothing...

To correct lock to the cockpit view, you must have this feature "free toggle" option off.

4. ROON

ROON Registered

Ah yes, okay. I understand now. :) Sorry.

5. John DiFool

John DiFool Registered

I thought a "free move" meant a push-to-pass button boosting the turbo (as in the IRL)...