I'm working on a Stock Car Mod.

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Kristoff Rand, Jan 15, 2012.

1. phil23

phil23 Registered

It will be gr8 to have some good Nascar based mods in rF2. I also found rF1 to be a poor substitute to NR2003 and iRacing, but hopefully rF2 will change that.

P.s All the models pictured above from both Kristoff Rand and mschreiner look superb:D.

2. Joel.Brown

Joel.Brown Registered

Sorry it took me so long to replay again. We just released our StockCarEvolution2012 version so we've been kind'a busy.

And yes to DaredBarn and Krisidious, I'm the same "Joel" that worked with Bill Bolinger from several years ago. Both myself and Mike Schreiner have been working on this mod for a number of years.

We've been lucky enough to get real information from professional race teams and worked our !@# off on this latest version. I gott'a gove the ISI team credit, the more accurate the data you put into rFactor the better it does. We're looking forward to bringing StockCarEvolution over to rFactor2. I believe what they've done in the tire modeling for rf2 is going to be huge.

We can always use help, there's only a handful of us. If you're interested in working on a StockCar mod, please consider working with us rather than creating one from scratch.

You can always find us at www.StockCarEvolution.com

3. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

4. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

I would not get carried away with the 2013 Ford. NASCAR will Change it! LOL
    they always do....

We have acurate Cars. Will just have to replace the nose of each one when they change.

5. marc69be

marc69be Registered

6. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

Don't I know it... been changing mine since 2009... they can't seem to make up their minds on spoiler or splitter.

thanks for the compliments.

had a great conversation with a racing tire guy in North Carolina, he gave me a lot of great info on the tires and the lies that are told on the side of the tire. he'll be cutting me some sections this week.

7. marc69be

marc69be Registered

only know of one group to have all the internal and secret tire data not to mention all the other accurate details for stock cars specially designed for rf engine too but hoping you have some luck. :)

8. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

and who would that be Marc?

9. Landon Chapman

Landon Chapman Registered

He's talking about TSF and Arca Sim Central.

10. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

actually he was talking about SCE or Stock Car Evolution... however I'm sure Zippy and the boys at TSF have that info too...

11. Landon Chapman

Gotcha.

On a side note, nice to see a fellow architect racing sims.

1 person likes this.
  12. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

not surprisingly; one of the things I like best is building them... lol unlike in our business, I'm forced to use as little detail as possible.

13. Landon Chapman

Must be nice, eh? Haha

14. marc69be

marc69be Registered

sorry, I absolutely was talking about Sim Factory and not any mod like the ones you mentioned or something like vhr maybe. Pretty certain any info or details obtained in those would be light hearted or dated or even from under rated teams with limited expertise. People can say a lot of things are real or from real teams with nothing but words, but with TSF it's plainly clear in all their release notes, website and other areas of racing who they work with, where their info comes from and the engineering companies involved.

Shoot many of their drivers have championships already Ty and Austin for one. Minus IR, over the past months and years we have seen Jr, Kligerman, Logano, Allmendinger, McDowell, Clements and others in there or contributing too with broadcast races and such.

Not sure they have the Goodyear info like they do with Hoosier though, but since Hoosier was used for years in Nascar, and to this day when teams test they use Hoosiers too I heard, then I believe their releases will be the most accurate on the RF platforms. They are also partnered with ISI and I expect things are coded entirely better than modding could be too.

I was wishing you luck on GoodYear info because its been said even teams in Nascar don't get the details so it's pretty certain modders won't. just a fact really. But weirder things happen :) *still like the start on your model

15. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

I'm sorry Marc, I got a pm from SCE and thought they were speaking about your comment. they have a former employee of some goliath type corporation (I won't mention it's name here because I don't know what liability that might put on said engineer) and he was directly involved with the tires. so I guess TSF and SCE will be far ahead of the rest of us.

I remember when I was over at SCE, Zippy had connected with Hoosier and had a deal with them. they seemed very amicable, although underdawgs often are.

with the people I have connected with, I feel like sizes and material thicknesses will not be an issue. what will pose the biggest problem will be slip curves and actual test result figures from the many machines they use to stress the tires. I'm hoping that ISI's tire tool will substitute that in our work flow.

it would be greatly disheartening if ISI and TSF locked up or restricted the features needed to build stock cars and run ovals. one of the things that drew me to SCE years ago was the community input that allowed the people to determine what they felt was accurate and not what a company told them was accurate. modding is the biggest draw to ISI and rfactor for myself and my league... the ability to make our own rules, physics, tracks and models... that's where it's at. trying to please a huge crowd ends up pleasing no one.

16. marc69be

marc69be Registered

kristoff, unfortunately i and many others don't have some of the same feeling towards them (sce) as you may but that's fine. Many untruths have been spread and honestly why would you hide your details, seems hogwashy.

Anyways you can look right at TSF credits in game and see their info and it has been posted and supported many times by some of their engineers in their own forums. Actual Nascar Championship team engineers, engine builders, fabricators and more help us at times or even run in their televised races. The fact they specialize in Stock Cars for RF is HUGE for us simmers, and it is heavily debated everywhere and most times confirmed to be more accurate than any other sim out in actual data numbers and feel. so i do not judge anything they would say as untrue or wrong.

doesn't mean you can't create an enjoyable mod in rf or rf2 either, but the effort they are putting forth and new trucks coming should be awesome & FREE. they actually laser scan all vehicles now and develop with teams like RCR, Gibbs and stuff, so there is no reason for me at least to look elsewhere for stock car racing. NW car is coming too and even CUP and DIRT they said. they have a neat history or story to the whole team and really have bloomed in technology and presentation of simulation lately.

Just look at their clients, or some of the hardware they fabricate, it's an ALL-IN-ONE stop to be honest. http://tinyurl.com/84dlhch

maybe you can do models or something for them? would definate put you in the right place and time to get accurate details and possibly special info you want?

17. Br0nX

Br0nX Registered

Hey just wondering whats the progress and how's everything going along with this mod?

18. Joel.Brown

Joel.Brown Registered

Marc,

I retired from Microsoft as a computer engineer. Then went on to develop chassis kinematic software used by NASCAR race teams. I also had access to Goodyear tire data for several years when I consulted with race teams wanting me to provide that information. I don't provide team or driver names because I don't want to cause them any possible headaches, which the internet can do very quickly.

This should only be friendly posting between modders trying to help each other.

19. marc69be

marc69be Registered

I was only letting kristoff know what I meant and where I feel the best simulation of stock racing is currently found. The history of sce actually predates to the founders of it which was TSF, who then accelerated development far beyond anything a mod can do by not only integrating themselves deeply into NASCAR and ARCA but also partnering with ISI. And I suggested he contact them to maybe get his information he needs or better work with them and his talent to better the product more possibly. There is no need to hide any names or people when you publically claim realism IMO but doesn't really matter to me. They are licensed fully and expanding to NASCAR series like NW and cup with trucks almost out and should be even more in asr2 they say. Good luck again kristoff enjoyed your conversation and liking your work.

20. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

I'm on the slow grind of tires right now... waiting to get my section pieces in the mail and my full size tire. will update the thread when I have something to install.