WSGT2 by RMT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WiX, Jan 14, 2012.

1. rci808

rci808 Registered

looks great guys! ...been watching this mod being developed for a long time.

cant wait!

2. mianiak

mianiak Registered

HAHA, I caught a bit of your vibe there, your right into it and cant stop fiddling, good for you :)

3. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I usually don't enjoy cars like this but I'm willing to give them a try.

4. NightnDay

NightnDay Registered

why does it run so smooth and nice on your machine? :D and why does it look so good? Would love to have those AA.
    can you post your spec pls?

5. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

My guess is that they will.

Fact is, I do think that a lot of these mods that are coming are going to cost. The cost will be nominal (a couple of bucks or maybe a fiver, though a mod of any serious content might run 10 bucks), but they will not be free. ISI's will be free and some others I'm sure.

But my prediction is that more than half of the released mods will require some change. I'm even thinking that tracks will cost a buck or two.

I can understand all this and it is not surprising. When folks see an opening to gain some cash, they will go all out to get some and more. Will a buy for a buck some track that I want badly, knowing probably that because the makers are expecting people to pay for their product their merchandise will be better? Probably so: but there is a limit.

Alan

6. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

He already stated in this thread that they won't.

Another thing you're not considering is that modders can do what they do because the don't charge money.

RMT can use Ferrari and Toyota and Maserati, etc without getting into trouble because they do not charge money. Otherwise they would be getting very nasty letters from corporate lawyers.

Once they start charging, they have to get licenses to sell the protected IP in their mods or it's illegal and they are open to law suits and even jail.

Licenses are very expensive. I doubt very many mod teams (if any at all) have the funds to purchase the licenses for the content in their mods.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2012
  7. UFAModding

UFAModding Registered

This is exactly my view on it. Good to know I'm not the only one.

8. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

Quite true. Never thought of that. But that won't stop someone from, say, creating a fantasy track or some car based loosely on some model, and charging for it.

I think it will happen. But the cost will be less than nothing in most cases. I have no problem with forking out a small amount of cash for someone's hard work, if I like what I see.

Alan

9. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Raceking tried to sell his fantasy track (Akina) at one point for a few measly bucks. The entire concept was booed by the whole community, and it was quickly found everywhere for free, as a protest. Every time some modder has tried to sell anything they've been chastised for it and their work ends up available for free anyways, that's how the sim racing community has worked. Especially the whole Balanesko fiasco, man charges money for unlicensed content ripped from other games (usually NFS series).

For the record, Raceking's work is so good I'd gladly pay a buck or two for his tracks.

10. RMachucaA

RMachucaA Registered

Is it me, or does RF2 not have blurred wheels support? is it art asset related?.

11. ROON

ROON Registered

I've been eagerly following the development of this mod for a long time now. Since the early days of rF1 I'd always dreamed about a mod exactly like this, but never expected someone to be bothered with the sheer scale and amount of work it would require. BSimRacing are doing a tremendous job so far by the looks of things, and I don't mind waiting for several months if it means the release will be a very high quality mod. :)

A question for WiX, do RMT have any plans to continue development once the mod is released, by releasing new cars or skins, similar to what Enduracers and Historix do?

Also, I see that BSimRacing have a Facebook page. I'm not a Facebook user, but I'd really love to see your team get involved on Twitter. To give you an idea of the power of Twitter, @rFactor2 have 3678 followers, @SimBin have 1491, @VirtualRnet have 1711. It really is a powerful networking and promotional tool. I understand that it may be too much effort to set one up and keep it updated, but I'd really love it if you did.

Cheers,

12. ROON

ROON Registered

Depends on who you're selling to. There are quite a few leagues who have bought exclusive access to mods that are literally impossible to obtain unless you're a member of those close knit circles. If a modding team were to try and sell their work to any regular Joe Blogs, it's almost definitely going to be made available to torrent or download from file hosting servers as soon as a few people have gotten their paws on it.

For the record, I support free mods and wouldn't pay a cent for one regardless of how good it looked. But at the same time I understand that a lot of hard work and spare time is put into developing high quality mods for the community, and I wouldn't exactly blame anyone for wanting to earn a few bucks for it all. I think the best option for a modding team would be to accept donations via PayPal, that way everyone can enjoy their work for free but they'll also earn some silver for it.

13. WiX

WiX Registered

We have done many discussions about modding in a commercial enviroment. Its just not done. I wont go in to the matter again, but once people start cashing in on mods, it would be the end of modding as we know it.
    Human nature is a weird thing. Since day one, we had a DONATE box on the website. All in all i think about 9 people ever chipped in. That was highly apreciated. ( Once we are in Beta we will reward those who did ) Its just clear that certain people would donate a coffee so to speak, but decide not to do it when they know they dont have to. Thats the way it works.

We would love to see some support, but we will not be unhappy if it does not happen. When we release the mod, and even a handfull of people would enjoy it to the fullest, that would be thanks enough.

As part of RMT i am allready pleased that we (RMT) as a whole feel the same about the etics of modding.
    For instance... Arnold has had many opportuities to quit work on the WSGT2 and go for some money in the gaming industry. However, he always stayed faithfull to what we decided when we started modding. Klaas has a very buzzy life, and Rick could also go for a commercial project if he wanted.

Yet, when we are all on our Teamspeak Channel, its clear that in the end of the day, we are all passionate Autosport fans. Building something that is closely related to that passion, can only be discribed as fun.

Sometimes " Fun" is hard work.

Maybe its a good time to thank my fellow RMT members. I have seen a lot of mod teams, and things usually dont last long.
    I cant say enough how good it feels to be a part of the current RMT .

So thanks Arnold , Klaas and Rick for showing me that the word " Team" does mean something after all.

Now lets continue modding.

PS: If sombody could not resist sending us loads of money, have a ball... ;-)

14. Rodolfo

Rodolfo Registered

Great mod, guys,
    I'm with you, that a mod should be for free. But I think it is also very good to donate something, because modding needs much time.
    Rolf

15. WiX

WiX Registered

If any of you would have Photo material - drawings or any visual resource material of the following COCKPITS , please let us know.

* Lexux SC 430 Super GT

* Honda HSV Super GT

* Porsche GT1 LM 1996

* Sintura S99 GT1

* Audi R8C Le Mans

* Ferrari 458 GTE

All help is highly apreciated. Thanks

16. WiX

WiX Registered

Now we are talking.
    Awesome find Roon.

Thanks for the support , and keep them coming.

WEIRD ! The post seems to be gone
    Any Reason ??

PS: They Seemed like R18 pictures, but never the less . That was the spirrit.
    We love that sort of Support.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
  17. ROON

ROON Registered

I actually deleted the post since I think they were of the R18 not the R8. :( Not a big Audi guy personally, got the names mixed up.

18. ROON

ROON Registered

Here's some great shots of the Honda HSV Super GT interior! The first two seem to be slightly different (and older) than the third, but they were found on a forum named as the HSV Super GT.

EDIT #2: The post was made in 2009 so it can't be the right car. I'll search for more pictures tomorrow when my brain is actually working. ;)

View attachment 672

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
  19. Acs

Acs Registered

20. WiX

WiX Registered

The first is great. 2 and 3 are from the NSX.

Never the less, thanks

Keep on searching.