Multiview

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Derek Speare, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Derek Speare

Derek Speare Registered

When will it be implemented?

EDIT - ADSTA solved this issue. See farther down the thread. Turn off the HDR and Multiview works (so far)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2012
  2. metalnwood

metalnwood Registered

Do you mean improve it or get it going at all? It's working for me in the beta except instead of setting the cam file pov its using the games vertical fov setting.

3. BlackMagic

BlackMagic Registered

Im using SoftTH to spread across 3 screens, what would be the benefit of using multiview? Never got it working on rf1 hence me asking.

4. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

soon..... :cool:

5. metalnwood

metalnwood Registered

Multiview will render 3 different screens so that the side views do not have any stretching/distortion like you get when rendingone a single screen with a very wide fov.

So, when you look to the sides the side monitors will have all the objects with the correct shape, aspect ratio. It just looks better :) It takes a bit of a framerate hit though.

6. Derek Speare

Derek Speare Registered

I checked it and my two outboard screens didn't display anything. I'm the biggest critic of edge warp around (some may have seen my threads). I'll have to try it again. I have plenty of horsepower to run it. I was under the impression multiview wasn't working yet for rF2b.

d

7. metalnwood

metalnwood Registered

Derek, it does seem to be hit and miss as I have heard others with blank screens while it is going for me.

OH, hang on. Have you tried all the cars? I have a feeling when I tried it it may not have worked for everything and I may have got blank screens as well. I don't have it turned on to save the frames.

I also remember having to save, exit the game and come back in for the changes to stick sometimes.

8. Bart S

Bart S Member

As last post said hit and mis it does work with ati eyefinty for sure try exit then come back in game, also changing resolution can knock it off again.

9. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I had the two side monitors with no display problem first time I tried.
    Went to update drivers from 11.9 to 11.12 but for some reason it did not install properly and took twenty minutes to do the whole process.
    Bit the bullet and did a clean Windows install.
    Installed 11.12, in about 1 minute, but for some reason any changes I made would not 'apply' in CCC. :mad:
    I found these 12.1a preview drivers: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/Catalyst121apreviewdriver.aspx
    All is good now.
    Single series or all cars and tracks works fine.

My gripe is still having to use bezel compensation.
    It chops the edges off the middle monitor.
    Can't see the position number of the cars when in garage.

Please, please, please can something be done to not have to use bezel compensation eg: iRacing.

10. FatnSlo

FatnSlo Registered

I have found on my setup multiview will not work if you have HDR enabled.

11. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Just tested this and confirmed!

Multiview off, HDR off = 3 screens work, outside monitors stretched.
    Multiview on, HDR off = 3 screens work, no stretching.
    Multiview off, HDR on = 3 screens work, no HDR
    Multiview on, HDR on = Centre screen only, HDR worked

12. Derek Speare

Derek Speare Registered

Thanks, ADSTA - I will check this in the morning, but my suspicion was that the HDR and Multiview were causing the conflict. I tried again earlier (before reading your results) and got no outboard screens. Dunno what "HDR" is, but I'd rather have my two other screens!

Hopefully a system redo isn't what I need to do! I'll just remove rf2 and let it go at that. I also agree that we need some type of built in bezel compensation like iRacing or LFS. It's 2012. If ISI's recycled rF engine can't do it, then at least admit it.

EDIT - turning off HDR allowed it to work.

13. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Same here.

14. magicfr

magicfr Registered

High Dynamic Range Lighting. Actualy, rFactor has a Dynamic HDR Lighting to be precise :p
    IMO, LFS, best muti screen support ev4r

15. MrPix

MrPix Registered

It seems that MultiView can only be set ON or Off in the Configure Sim applet from the Launcher before launching the game.

It is also apparent to me today that HDR and Multiview are Mutually Exclusive (e.g. one or the other, not both) to ensure an image on all 3 screens)

Turning Mutiview on or off within the Settings > Video Res screen has no effect on the setting (although it does light up the option button green when clicked ON... but thats it.)

Here is a test (with HDR OFF so as not to confuse things)

Multiview ON (Configure Sim) AND Multiview ON in game (Settings > Video Res > Multiview (green) )
    View attachment 1636

Multiview ON (Configure Sim) AND Multiview OFF in game (Settings > Video Res > Multiview (green) )
    View attachment 1637

Multiview OFF (Configure Sim) AND Multiview ON or OFF in game (Settings > Video Res > Multiview (green) )
    View attachment 1638

I do get approx 30%-50% FPS hit with MultiView ON (in Configure Sim)

16. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

I just tried turning on HDR and MultiView from the launcher, it looks beautiful! Now if I could only figure out how to un-squash the replays, they look squashed horizontally.

17. Jcchaconjr

Jcchaconjr Registered

I entered a post about this yesterday, but after reading this, now I know why. After reading the notes about multiview being disabled, I figured it might be the case.

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

That's pretty much the actual answer. The graphics engine is being worked on all the time.

19. otta56

otta56 Registered

Multiview works with an NVidia GTX580 SLI setup. The performance penalty appears to be between 30-50% depending on the track and number of AI.

Has the sim's internal angle for multiview been fixed or is it adjustable in game? I would at least like to angle my side monitors to correspond to the internal game angle as it presently is.

20. Alric

Alric Registered

otta56 - The angle for side monitors needs work asap by ISI. I am using multiview and I can't get a smooth angle line across my 3 monitors. I had this problem with iracing but with the options available enabled me to fiddle around and get it perfect. Hopefully they are fully aware that there are people like us with 3 monitor setups who need to alter the angle of side monitors etc and that changing the FOV alone isn't enough.