Sugestions for the Official Release version

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Luiz De Boni, Jan 14, 2012.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

see my thread on this, I think we're a bit screwed if we want to change things for online play (Sounds, Eyepoint etc) but I would read up about everything first before making a final judgement.

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

and the whole point of this new modding system is to make SURE everyone is using the same files... i.e. being on the same playing field. Now if these were adjustments that weren't mod specific and were UI controls, then it would be much better for the end user. Let Rfactor 2 be the first PC game to do away with so much file fiddling... makes things FAR too complex for new users!!

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'll take triplescreens, a load cell brake pedal, cockpit (instead of a chair that sometimes moves while driving), and 40 hours a week spare time thanks :)

And if you think that's challenging - I know a guy in a wheelchair...

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

so you're saying the freedom to Mod is taken away with RF2? seems the complete opposite of what rFactor is all about, see my recent post in that other thread and I think you'll see where I'm coming from ;)

5. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

I just hope Single Player and Multiplayer will be IN GAME options in the final release.
    Sometimes I like to practice for about 30 minutes off line before joining VOR server on race night.
    Now I have to quit game to switch from Single to Multi Player...
    Waste of time...

6. Superbee

Superbee Registered

Hell yeah ! :p

7. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Seat and mirror positions were car specific in rF1, I doubt it's going to change for rF2. They might be universal right now (haven't checked, but I'm sure that'll be fixed in the future.

8. PieLighter

PieLighter Registered

To be honest I'm not impressed with the UI, I agree with all said above - ie, rF1 UI or xUI. rF1 showroom was awesome, what's with the tiles? First boot up of rF2 I had no idea what to do, it was all very confusing after the simplicity of rF1.
    As for these rfmod files, I really don't like the look of them. It works better for multiplayer, I understand that. RaceDepartment has a decent system (for rF1 racing club) where they put a link to the mod and track in the event thread. Can't see anything wrong with that, and who wants public servers anyway? rF1 was much easier, you go to the root folder and you know how it all goes together, everything is stored there. For rF2, some stuff is in the root folder and some in Documents. Not only that, you have these dodgy rfmod files as well, with .sfx, .cam, .dds files locked inside. AFAIK they do not cause mismatches, it's the GMTs and physics info that causes mismatches.
    I dare say we modders will get used to it eventually, but it's a learning curve we don't need, particularly for lone modders like me.
    Basically - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Nah... I didn't mean that :)

What I meant was that these little adjustments shouldn't be linked to the mod so they can be adjusted... all I am saying that it should be less tweaking in files which puts off newcomers... it should be linked to the UI if possible.

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

aahh apologies mate read it wrong haha :)

11. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Will SimSync work with rF2?
    VOR uses it, sync everything thru it: mod/skins/tracks/updates...awsome tool...

12. Woodee

Woodee Registered

nah I probably wrote it wrong :D