Sugestions for the Official Release version

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Luiz De Boni, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Hi folks. I don´t know if amongst all those past topics in this forum someone already posted something like this.
    What about writing here what you would like to see in the rF2 final version, and maybe point out what you didn´t like so far? I have a few thoughts:

1. It would be nice if we could press RACE from within the garage, like rF1, instead having to go back to Monitor to hit the track as it is now in the Beta...

2. Massage Center fonts and background are no good..the layout in rF1 was much better, easier to read.
    It would be nice to find a better font for the wording and put the Message Center inside a rectangule box like in rF1.
    It would be nice too if we could "drag" the Message Center to whatever place in the screen we would like to have it fixed...

3. The "crossed" settings of Toes and 3rd springs at the Advanced Tab looks a bit weird to me...This tab could have a diferent layout...

4. I don´t know if it is possible, but it would be nice to copy some settings of a setup - suspension for example - and paste its values directly into another setup...

That´s what comes to my mind now...:)

2. grumete

grumete Registered

Full options for FFB in settings and if is possible in-game(driving) change parameters Like REalFeel Plugin of rF1

3. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

Some other thoughts:

1) Don't lock the sound folders and *.sfx in the rfmod. Many ppl like to change sounds to those they prefer.

2) As above, don't change things that work fine. The UI in rF1, button placement, text sizes, window placements worked fine. Now some text is too small, other ones are way too big. Also, why did you make the live/replay screen so small and move it to top/left? It was fine where it was and the space gained is not that useful.

3) Please stop making us load different screens to do something. Like the race button mentioned above, or having to click on a car pic to see it in the showroom? rF1 worked fine in this regard.

4) Also from above, please don't lock files that we often like to change, such as the *sfx file or the cockpit.ini, or *.cam files. None of these would give anyone a significant advantage or effect the mod in any significant way. I often edit these to my liking if I don't like what the modders did.

Maybe you can add a section to use alternative UI's, one of them basically being "like" rF1 or like the XUI. Just because its different, or like some other game, doesn't mean its better.

I expect UI modders could eventually do these things, but why should they have to? I think most ppl like practical/useful over pretty/different.

I suspect that most of your "core" customers want things to be simple and on the same screens, without having to dig through useless windows to do something they often do.

4. osella

osella Registered

Can't agree more on this:

4) Also from above, please don't lock files that we often like to change, such as the *sfx file or the cockpit.ini, or *.cam files. None of these would give anyone a significant advantage or effect the mod in any significant way. I often edit these to my liking if I don't like what the modders did.

That was something i really loved about rf1, some mods just had terrible sounds - in my opinion - so I changed them for some better, cockpit eyepoint was almost always wrong for me so I changed that too.

No possible advantage over others from either change.

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Why should they? It might be good for modders to mod a game that is meant to be modable.... don't you think? Why shouldn't UI creators have a go at making custom UI's then at least people have a choice. That is what modding is all about... rather than just dictating to ISI "do this, do that".... mod it, then see what happens! They have given the framework.... now let's use it!!

6. Blaktop

Blaktop Registered

Agree wholeheartedly, I would really like access to the UI sound files. That little "boing" sound you get every time I click a button is irritating the hell out of me.

Totally agree with this. Don't reduce functionality in the interest of being different. One of the reasons I disliked Race07 was because of the UI.....rF1 is just so functional.

7. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

"Don't reduce functionality in the interest of being different."

Exactly, very well said...that was my 1st impression...

8. UFAModding

UFAModding Registered

Maybe a plugin like the Global Info Display by Fazerboz. One that shows fuel usage, and laps remaining.....all the features of Fazerbox's plugin. I think it would be awesome to have that as part of the official game. What other game has that????? NONE.

9. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Car and track selection, sorry ISI but what were you thinking implementing horizontally sliding tiles.
    The UI in rF1 with the xUI mod was brilliant.

10. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

The thing I have problem with the sliding tiles is, they skip a lot. I have to try 2 to 3 times to get the tile I want selected. Probably just a bad code or something but still, tiles?

11. Blaktop

Blaktop Registered

Another thing I miss.....where is the Race Settings menu. It really does help being able to check how many laps in a race instead of having to ask in chat. It may be there and I'm happy to be corrected but I can't find it.....in rF1 it was very easy to find.

You guys at ISI will have to get used to comparisons with the rF1 interface......it was simply the most intuitive, user-friendly UI of any sim I've used. The UI in RF2 is starting to frustrate me like Race07 did. The text font is way to big, others are too small, the chat box is too big at the expense of the replay screen.

I agree with the criticism of the sliding tiles as well. Think further ahead to when the modders get into gear. I have around 200 tracks in my remote locations folder in rF1......I'm really not looking forward to 200 sliding tiles to sort through to find the track I'm looking for. The same goes for cars (although I don't have 200 cars....I have multiple installs instead which may or may not work in RF2).....I don't want 40-50 sliding tiles for cars.....even Race07 does it better than that (just....lol).

Constructive criticism here guys, not bagging. I've been racing rFactor for 6 years and part of the reason I'm so comfortable with it is the ease of use of the UI.

12. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

First Off I want to a BIG Congrats to ISI for getting RF2 on the right start- This Game is amazing so far.

In Game Music Yeah let us listen to music while where racing. ie: our own music!!!
    And How About a Giveaway for an Autographed Copy of RF2 from ALL of the ISI builders !!!!! (Gold Autographed!)
    I'm sure ISI has a huge to do list so im done for now!

13. kleanphil

kleanphil Registered

yes the replay windows is too small,maybe they could be dragged by mouse to expand them or reduce them, same with the chat box ,and i like the idea of being able to drag things around rather than fixed,can this be done with all buttons and features ? then we could set it up the way we like but also keep in mind windows 8 will have touch screen ability's ,not that i know how that could be utelised.
    Keep the good work up ISI

14. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

agreed...but at the moment the way it is seems like only cars and tracks are considered "mods" ...seems theyve totally forgotten about the little people making the little tweaks that made rFactor the great game it is

15. Wrinkly Man

Wrinkly Man Registered

was

16. dano1990

dano1990 Registered

I would like to see the ability to have to multi-class points scoring system,

For example in rF1 say you were using an LMP/GT mod, you could only apply points in finishing order.
    I would like see basically what GTR2 has where all classes score in an overall championship and all have completely seperate class scoring points systems.

Support for dirt tracks, There were many brilliant dirt mods on rF1 and tracks but now we have the live tracks dirt racing could be so much more realistic.

The ability to easily create custom championships for particular mods with particular tracks without having to edit the rFm files and therefore not being able to use that mod online, At least without having to create duplicate copies of the rFm files (one for online and one for offline).

17. CaTaPulT

CaTaPulT Registered

As posted on another thread.
    My wish list has to do with replays.
    I would like to see rFactor-2 replays play back using all three screens of a triple screen setup (eyefinity), Race07 does this well and is much more enjoyable when watching a replay. rFactor-2 should also have many (easy to use) camera angles to choose from as done in iRacing, this too adds greatly to the fun and enjoyment of watching replays.
    Yes I know, replays are trivial but for many are a great tool for learning, watching replays can show you driving mistakes made so one can learn from them.
    They are also a lot of fun when downloading replay files of races others took part in and can also be a learning tool in that respect. In case you didn't notice.... I LOVE REPLAYS!!!! LOL :D
    Take care

Regards: >>>> Jack <<<<

18. Boyd

Boyd Registered

To add to what CaTaPulT (ddi I get that right): I am not a fan of cockpit view, this is just something that has been with me for years so pls don't shoot me ... :D Which means I use virtual mirrors. In a 3 screen eyefinity setup those virtual mirrors are stretched out to fit the 3 screens, hence the aspect ratio is wrong. Difficult to see a car coming up behind because it looks like a squashed bug on the road. :p

19. Raikku

Raikku Registered

-Seat position should be car-specific(like ffb/steering). So after adjusting it in different cars('cause they need different positions), you don't have to adjust it everytime when you change car.

20. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I saw a couple of notes in the player file I think about moving the seat and mirrors specific to the car. Combinations of Control and shift with the seat/mirror adjustment keys