Pedal problem - so sensative makes sim unplayable

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Axeslayer, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

Have very little control of throttle or braking , very little movement on the peddle and I'm spinning the back wheel out of control and hardly need to touch the brakes to lock up , makes this sim very frustating to play almost imposible to do a lap .

Have a G25 with the pedals connected separately though a Leo Bodnar box . I set the min and max for each pedal but when I try driving it seems that rF2 only uses a limited range on the pedal . About 25% of pedal movement is 100% throttle , bake or clutch . It's like the pedal is putting out 1024 over it's full range of movement but rF2 counts the first 255 as the full range of movement . Any way to fix this ?

2. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

The Bodnar cable increase the resolution of your peddles quite a bit.

What is the sensitivity set to in-game?

You shouldn't need to set min and max. Just set sensitivity in-game to 100% (linear).

brabham67 is using a bodnar cable. You might want to PM him and as him his settings.

3. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

Thanks
    Tried 100 as well as 0 and 200 same problem , 0 did help a little but it really was a little . Just been trying with the peddles plugged back into the wheel and it's a lot better , still seems like the brake is to sensitive , locking brakes very easily but can at least get around the track . Don't really wont to keep swapping connections around all the time , hopefully it will get better with updates .

4. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

Hmm.. Odd issue. To be honest, I'm not having this problem. In rF2's control setup screen do you see the pedal move through its full range when you press it(look at the sensitivity windows in the lower part)?

One thing to try is to reset your in game setting by clicking the Detect button. This will detect the wheel it self, but not the pedals, then you'll need to reassign the brake, accel, and clutch. This is what I would try if I were in your shoes.

5. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

How does the brake pedal graphic work in the controller settings screen with 100% linearity? Does it work even in there?

6. Lars Strijdonck

Lars Strijdonck Registered

Same setup here, seems to be working ok. Did you re-calibrate youre pedals in windows?

7. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Registered

I get this same problem sometimes. Here's what works for me: Before you leave the garage, move your pedals through their entire range of motion a couple of times. I'm not sure, but I think this allows the sim to interpret the min-max positions of those axis. As a matter of fact, this just happened to me, and this fixed it once again.

Edit: As for the brake pedal, push it to the point where you feel the max pressure that you would be using on the track.

8. Dangerous Beans

Dangerous Beans Registered

Hi all

I have the same problem.
    I also have my G25 pedals connected with a Bodnar cable.
    In the controllers menu all axis look like they work as they should, full range of pedal movement with no throttle showing as 0, full throttle showing as 10 and holding the throttle anywhere in-between showing where I would expect it to be.

I turned on the tach hud so I could see what's going on and on track if I hold the throttle at about 25% the revs continue to build up and eventually reach max revs.
    The only difference pushing the throttle down fully has is that the revs build up much faster where as holding it at 25% they build up slower but still end up at max revs.

It makes fine throttle control very hard.

EDIT: I just tried it with the pedals conected directly, no Bodnar cable and the throttle work as it should.

I hope ISI can fix the Bodnar cable bug as I would much prefer to use it as it make cable routing and wheel storage a lot easier not to mention the higher resolution.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2012
  9. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

I did a quick test in game and I am seeing this as well. In spite of what we see in the controller menu, the revs of the car continue to climb when the pedal is only pressed a quarter of its full range.

I am not going to plug my pedals into my wheel though. Every other sim I play works fine, so I hope there is a fix in the works.

EDIT: I've made a topic in the controller section about this. If you guys that use the bodnar cable can post you issues there it might help find a solution.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/2553-rF2-incompatibility-with-Bodnar-cable?p=33230#post33230

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2012