Dedicated server - profiles don't memorize, which mod has been used last time

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Marek Lesniak, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

[Dedicated server] Profiles don't memorize, which mod has been used last time

In rFactor 1 dedicated server, when I pick a mod from my mod list, that is memorized and saved in my profile, so when I run the server next time, on that particular profile, the mod is already selected.

in rFactor 2, it is not memorized so everytime I want to run my dedicated server with, for example, Megane Trophy mod, I have to set that mod manually (because 1960 is always selected as first from the list).

That prevents things like automatic dedic launch (because it will be launched with wrong mod selected from the list).

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2012
  2. Radar

Radar Registered

I did post about this also, good to see a section created for dedicated info. Would like this in also. Minor details sure but a detail that is annoying when you are shutting the dedi server down and changing one setting to restart (for testing).

3. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

I'm wondering, why this doesn't work in rF 2, even if it worked in rF 1. I mean, it's probably a matter of looking into PLR, what mod was used last time. But I hope it will be fixed soon.

4. MikeVa

MikeVa Registered

It will if you add +oneclick to the command line..it starts the server with the last rfm that was loaded.
    Create a short cut for the rfactor ded.exe..then right click it, in the path line
    "c:\program files\core\rfactor 2 dedicated.exe" +oneclick