Only show wheels (not cockpit) in cockpit view.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ernespeed, Jan 14, 2012.

1. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

He is using a pretty full cockpit rig though, the difference isn't huge.

I do agree with you on principle though, since it opens up venues for cheating (possibly a server option?), though you also have to take into consideration that us looking at monitors will always have a worse view of the track than a racing driver free to move his head however he likes. Some compensation doesn't hurt.

2. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

For me there is just enough seat adjustment to line up the cockpit with my wheel so I can achieve the "windscreen view" in the Megane or windshield and top of the wheels in the F3. That is running 25 FOV with three screens. A little more height adjustment would allow me to see the real mirror in the Megane.

3. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

sounds to me like your a desk jockey without a clue Simon..seeing an ingame cockpit when you have one that you can touch and feel is more arcade than anything you are suggesting

4. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Ok, i see your point. I didn't consider it from that angle however your post wasn't the easiest to understand and it came across as if you were saying that his home cockpit and no cockpit perspective was like an "arcade".

I can certainly see how having this available in a "cockpit" only view in certain situations might be advantageous.

For comparison, this is from only a single display and has a very small aspect ratio (the effective horizontal fov) vs. a 3x display setup:

[​IMG]

Here is a 3x display pic:

[​IMG]

From what i can tell in the ernespeed video, his perspective is comparable to this:

[​IMG]

I've just cropped it down to simulate a lower fov setting (cos i don't have 3x displays) and the camera is pitched up a little so that you can hardly see the cockpit. This is roughly the same amount of wheel exposure as seen in the vid.

But if you were to force the view to always show the entire virtual cockpit in sight, you will just lose some view of the sky:

[​IMG]

If anything, the last picture with the v.c. (virtual cockpit) in view is more advantageous than the former as you can see more of the road (below the top of the cockpit) with the same vertical fov.

So perhaps you are right in that it's advantageous if someone could have the v.c. perspective without the v.c. blocking their view of some of the road ahead. I think it very much depends on the car in question.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2012
  5. taufikp

taufikp Registered

I want this option too since I'm not a sim driver. I'm an arcade-ish sim driver like webber and vettel! Yeah!

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Ajustment / options for this is a must

I assume the cam amendments are not available in rf2 ( as they were in rf1 ) then ?

Although it would be better if they were in an option menu like "advanced simulator cockpit view options "

7. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

But they sit in full cockpit when on their sim? If you have a full cockpit to obscure your view then cool mate

8. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

Well more of a clue than mate it seems! If anyone sits in a full cockpit sim rig with bodywork then fair enough, if not then wheels only is arcade view period

9. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Not realistic != arcade by the way. I've yet to see a single arcade game that only shows the wheels and suspension arms. =)

10. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

[​IMG]

11. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Also would like to see this as an option. ARC has a video of a nice setup using this type of display and it looks great.

Tim and crew, if you guys really want to get crazy provide this as an option and allow the side view mirrors to be individual screens via the multiple monitor out. Could put the nose of the rig up to the display screen and show the steering arms and wheels and have small screens acting as side mirrors. I don't think any other sim offers this so would be a unique and cool feature.

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Simon,

Obviously if someone wanted to try and gain an advantage ( if it does actually offer an advantage ) anyone can ajust their insim seat position to see alot more from a higher view etc, but the people I know wouldn't bother as they (and me) don't think it offers any advantage what so ever, this no monocock view is for people who have a physical cockpit and need this view option for realism.

Anyone without a monocock simrig etc using this option I.e just seeing two wheels and maybe a nose cone will be losing realism in fact they feel like their on a magic carpet lol.

Arcade is need for speed / codemasters etc

Hope these view options are in necpxt update

13. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

I think your wish just came true in Build 90.

14. ernespeed

ernespeed Registered

Thanks ISI!!!!!

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

brill, cheers ISI

if there anyu chance of more options i.e half cockpit (half way down bonit / monocock ) 1/3 way

or just a figure 1 to 50 to set position

hey i cant get nose cone view can anyone else ?

16. Vinceton

Vinceton Registered

Thank you for this wonderful feature.
    Time to bring back my amateur cockpit nose and re-adapt it to fit my csr elite. I almost threw it away.

17. RealGT

RealGT Registered

I've successfully gotten just the wheels and suspension to show. Is there anyway to remove the tires and suspension as well? So basically just removing all graphical assets of the car itself? Thanks!

18. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

No, unless you use nose cam.

RealGT likes this.
  19. RealGT

RealGT Registered

oK thank you. I really need to know how Porsche sent the mirror information to external LCDs. I have found out that they used rfactor2 not rfactor pro. Please, any help is appreciated. Thanks

20. Jordao

Jordao Registered

How did you manage to see just the wheels and suspension.???...i am interested to.Tanks!