Logitech profiler

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ruudjuh, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Ruudjuh

Ruudjuh Registered

At first
    After having some issues with my g25 i looked into different threads on this forum, I know that I'm not the only g25/g27 user which thinks that the force feedback effect over curbestones and of track are to violent on the wheel. I know this can't do any harm because when testing the force feedback effect with the logitech profiler (you know pressing controller buttons to see a flat tire simultation etc.) the force feedback also is very violent...

Secondly
    Now I immidiatly started dialing in my profiler settings damper centerspring and so on to see if these changes made any difference to the force feedback when testing the force feedback effect with the logitech profiler. And yes when I turn down the first slider (I think it is called totale effcect strength, I'm Dutch so it's called something else over here) when this is slider is set to 50% the ratteling dramaticly reduced when testing the force feedback effect with the logitech profiler.

Now we are getting somewhere
    So I had a eureka moment, but this was short lived. Because when the ratteling was reduced testing with the logitech profiler, the rattling got worse (not more violent but now it is always there even when driving on track)
    Now I didn't have any time to see what happens when the totale effcect strength is set above 100% (more like 150% and beyond)

Those were my findings now my hopes and dreams
    First I'd like to say thank you ISI for giving us an incredible simulator, this takes (especially the tire moddeling) to a new level. Can't wait to see what is comming over the next year when we are nearing a full version.

Next I know it is hard to exactly moddel the feel of driving a real racing car when only holding a wheel and not acctually sitting a car. But i'd like to see more (and this is hard to explain) feel for grip, I love the feal for bumps and curbstones (if they weren't this violent ;)) But when driving the overal resistance is to low and when turning in this resistance should increase (you are going to near the highest grip level of the tire and so more friction) and when you over do it the resistance should drop down again (not instantly of course but graduatly)

I hope this was an interresting read, and guys good luck developing an awsome sim.

2. kopytek

kopytek Registered

3. silkomat

silkomat Registered

But i'd like to see more (and this is hard to explain) feel for grip, I love the feal for bumps and curbstones (if they weren't this violent ;)) But when driving the overal resistance is to low and when turning in this resistance should increase (you are going to near the highest grip level of the tire and so more friction) and when you over do it the resistance should drop down again (not instantly of course but graduatly)

DEAR DEVELOPERS, THIS IS WHAT IS VERY IMPORTANT. Driver must feel losing/gaining grip. Ruudjuh said it 100% right. I really do not feel grip in the curves as it should be. I can feel losing grip when i go too fast into corner but when tyres regain grip, it is just not abou to feel in my wheel (g25). This is only thing where LFS is still better, so please update it and you'll be adored :)

4. griffon

griffon Registered

I entirely agree!!