Lowest playable setup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slawek, Jan 14, 2012.

1. slawek

slawek Registered

I am thinking of purchasing rF2 beta but my PC is very low spec, currently I am running AMD X2 3800 2.4GHZ and GF 8600GT. My question is if I will be able to achieve reasonable FPS on everything on low? Maybe here is someone with similar spec and have tried already rf2. Please advice.
    Many thanks.

2. Ravell

Ravell Registered

I'm running rFector 2 on my laptop with the following specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4Ghz
    4GB RAM
    Nvidia 8800GTX 1GB
    Windows 7 64bit

Running it at 1600x1024 32bit colour with everything set to full, with the exception of:
    opponent detail; high,
    texture filter; trilinear,
    shadows; high,
    shadow blur; off,
    sun occlusion; off,
    road and environment reflections; off,
    wind and crowd motion; off,
    mirrors; off

Frame rate running the 67 F1 cars at Spa is about 30fps around the pit area and 40 to 45 typical everywhere else with bursts of 60fps here and there when running along/hot lapping/testing the physics engine/etc. With 5 AI cars on track fps drops to 20fps around the pit area and 35 fps everywhere else.

At the moment I'm mostly hot lapping and trying out the physics so these are acceptable fps numbers for me for now. Changing resolution seems to have a big impact on frame rate with my system. 1920x1200 was unplayable, 1280x800 gave excellent framerate, but looked horrible.

(I seriously need a better gaming rig!)

So while you'll have to dial down the settings further than I have, you might be able to run it quite comfortably if you're not too fussy about the graphics.

3. Jeremy Clyde

Jeremy Clyde Registered

I am running on these specs:

AMD Athlon 64 x2 4600+ 2.4GHZ
    Nvidia Geforce 8400GS
    2GB RAM
    Win7 64-bit

Your CPU might struggle a bit, but Graphics-wise you should be fine, despite what ISI say about the minimum, I guess they have to cover their backs, publishing incorrect requirements could bring up serious problems. As long as you keep the graphics settings to low, perhaps up the player detail and car detail to medium.

Reflections and shadows will destroy your performance, so don't even think you could run with those on. Shadows may work on 'low' if you have the other settings all turned off and on low as well.

Playing the Formula Renault series at Mills Metropark, with me and 19 AI drivers, i get a playable FPS, slightly faster with no AI drivers, when I am practicing. But my Graphics card is a fair bit below the minimum, as is yours, but its still more powerful, so if you keep the settings low, I imagine it'll work out OK.

4. Novis

Novis Registered

Running with video settings on all low is not going to give you a good gaming experience... Having a similair system (maybe little better, see specs to the left) I run with half the settings between mid and full, and the other half off. The game is playable both in quality and framerate at 1920x1080.

5. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

your 8600 is really going to bite you.

6. slawek

slawek Registered

I can now say that I have much better performance than on simraceway so it is not too bad, also it has improved after move from W7 to XP.