FPS doubt

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Enetmo, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Enetmo

Enetmo Registered

First of all, congratulations to ISI for the work done so far, it's clear that there are things to improve, but this is a beta and my first impression is very good.
    That said, I wanted to comment on a question I have, with the RF1, working with 2 processors and all the details to the maximum practically, running between 220-260 FPS. In Rf2, with all the details in half, removing the sun occlusion, etc ... It works at 65-70 frames, getting off to 50-55 in some parts of the circuit.
    My question is, this will be optimized with updates?
    There are settings that solve this problem?
    I have the latest drivers for my Nvidia graphics card, and if you look at my specs, in theory it should work quite fluid, right?
    Thank you and I repeat that it seems to me a very good starting point for a great simulator in the final version.

2. Enetmo

Enetmo Registered

Thanks for your support!:confused:

3. Bala RFS

Bala RFS Registered

Lolllllllll

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Remember... you can't expect RF2 to run at an equal frame rate to RF1 did.... that's just not logical

5. gemonic

gemonic Registered

6. tito

tito Registered

I'm into the same boat !!!

7. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

you really can not expect a brand new beta game to run at the same fps on a modern pc as the 5 year old game it replaces?
    can anyone remember how many fps rFactor1 got with max details on a PC of 5 years vintage?, can't imagin it was much more than rF2 gets now in beta state?

8. Spyder

Spyder Registered

When there hasn't been a significant leap in graphics from RF1 then I don't think it's unfair to expect "decent" framerates as, let's face it, RF2 looks piss poor graphically compared to most racing games released in the last couple of years.

9. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

you gotta be joking pal the spa track is best i have seen in a racing Sim ever? And blows away all the rf1 default tracks :)

10. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Spa is a wonderful track but graphically I've seen better in pCars, iRacing, F1... don't get me wrong, I'm loving RF2 but I'm one of the people having fps problems, and with SLI 580s I shouldn't be!

On a totally seperate note, great car, my dad had an acid yellow MK2 V6 and a few years ago I had a Black MK2 which I absolutely loved :)

11. Enetmo

Enetmo Registered

RF2 I know that will never go just as well as the RF1, I'm not a dreamer, but I find much difference between RF1 fps with everything at max and 2 cores, the RF2 with 4 cores and all at the half, are 200 fps difference, with much lower graphic options.
    But I've read that will solve it, so I'm satisfied.
    Thanks for your answers.

PS-anyone know anything about the script they must do to make changing meteorology in a session?