AI

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Dufoe, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Dufoe

Dufoe Registered

I love simracing, but I am now 70 years old and my ability has been compromised. I would like to see you add more control of the AI abilities. Currently you have their strength settings from 70% to 100%. LOL, even the 70% is too high for me to compete within the game. I tried adjusting the AI strength in my player.plr file to change the AI strength to a lower percentage, but once you start the game the game makes changes to the .plr file and reinserts the percentages from within the game settings.

2. mkilner

mkilner Registered

I set AI at 85% Strength, I found the AI to be a lot nicer to drive with, no slamming into the back of you like before!

I did watch a few of the AI in Qualy mode, two cars together in the same team seem to Mirror each other?, never deviating from the Race Line or trying to overtake?...again im sure this will be resolved as the Beta is Tweaked! :) Cheers!

3. DriverN1

DriverN1 Registered

hm.. Do you think 85% strength AI is not so difficult as 70%? :) I suppose Dufoe wrote that even 70% strength AI is too fast for him

4. Dufoe

Dufoe Registered

LOL, yes, I am saying that with my reflexes now a days. 70% is too fast for me. Hmm at 85% they might not kick me off the road while whizzing past me at twice my speed. I love the game but want to be able to compete in the game at my level.

5. Gridgirl

Gridgirl Registered

Maybe you can slow down the AI by decreasing this values in your player.plr

AI Brake_Power Usage
    AI Brake_Grip Usage
    AI Corner_Grip Usage

6. DriverN1

DriverN1 Registered

Oh yes! You're absolutely right! Good idea!

7. Dufoe

Dufoe Registered

Thank you, I will try to change those settings. I only tried to change the AI strength in my player.plr file, but as I stated when I launch the program RF changes that setting back to the original setting from the lowest 70% AI strength from within the program itself. Your suggestion would hopefully not be changed back to the default settings. Hopefully the programers will make the option settings within the program to allow you more control. Will let you know if these changes help. Thanks again for pointing that out.

8. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Is it my imagination or does the AI in the megane seem to ram alot more than the AI in the 60s series?

9. Dufoe

Dufoe Registered

Changing the AI Brake_Power Usage, AI Brake_Grip Usage, AI Corner_Grip Usage in my player.plr file made NO difference in the performance of the AI cars. Plus the game overrode my settings in my player.plr file anyway. For example I was running my Megane car at full throttle on a straight away going 135 miles an hour and the AI cars came whizzing by me like I was standing still.

10. Gridgirl

Gridgirl Registered

Just tested.

AI speed remains the same on straights (not a big surprise). But they break sooner and driving slower through corners.
    As consequence they did slower laptimes, depending on how much this values are decreased.

btw. my player.plr has never been overwritten.

11. Dufoe

Dufoe Registered

Glad to hear that it works for you, but in my case it does not. My player.plr file always gets over ridden. Even if I put a "0" in the field, and I save the .plr file and start the program, then quit and go back to read my .plr file the program will rewrite it back with a value of 0.1000. Plus if you cannot lower a value within the program itself and then try to change it in the .plr file the program will overwrite the .plr file to the default setting within the rF program. Yes the AI speed remains the same, but why does the speed of the AI have to be higher then the highest speed that I can atain? I managed to trap an AI car behind me by making him slow down behind me until we got to a straight. Then I buried the acelerator and he would then pass me and disappear off into the distance. As I mentioned from the begining, I hope ISI will allow the user more control of the AI strength along with other controls to eliminate the bad formats of the AI driving.

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

right click the PLR file and chose properties, unclick Read Only if its ticked

13. Dufoe

Dufoe Registered

The property of my PLR file is NOT in read only condition.

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

that is a strange one then!

15. ozspeedfreak

ozspeedfreak Registered

Hi all. This is an issue for me as well. No matter what I do to the .plr file it rewrites the original values. Regardless of whether "read-only" is checked or not. Hey Dufoe I think you and I should have our own blind, slow old racers league. I can't catch the meganes at 70% either.

16. Dufoe

Dufoe Registered

LOL, yeah we need an oldtimers league like TOG. The Older Gamers! I am glad that someone other than me has the same problem with the AI's cars having way more speed than our own. I thought it was only me and was begining to think that I should hang up my G27 wheel and play tiddley winks. Even with my accelerator to the floor I see them coming up from behind in my rear view mirror and whizzing by me. Other than not being able to compete with them in speed the game runs and looks good. I run other sims that don't do this. C.A.R.S., Simraceway, GT2, Race07, rF1, GTRevolution, Shift2, etc.

17. tomj421

tomj421 Registered

Dufoe
    I too am turning 70 this year and have the same complaints. Maybe we need to host practice and racing for older racers.

18. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

Make sure that your saving the file as a PLR file and not a text file.

You will need to make sure hide extensions for known file types is unchecked.

In XP you will find the tick box by selecting tools, Folder Options , Veiw.

I don't know where it is in WIN7.

19. Mick-S

Mick-S Registered

tried all this plr file editing, didn`t make a blind bit of difference to the AI lap times, what is it with these game developers, why can`t I easily lower the AI ability and why does it start at 70.
    bought the game so should be able to change the AI ability to suit me, not what someone else thinks it should be.
    oh forgot only 64 years old,with rheumatoid arthritis.

20. Mick-S

Mick-S Registered

hey Dufoe,
    it`s just another £29.99 wasted, well in your case $.