List of TIPS for Improving InGame FPS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mitt Wilson, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

Please List a few tips that have worked for you to achieve a few of those precious FPS ! Please keep thread inline please- Also when giving tips if you can list your Computer Specs that would help. Thanks!! :eek:

Intel E7200 DUO 2.5Ghz
    4GB Memory
    9800 GT

Tip:
    I have opened the settings for my Monitor and changed all color settings to be ran by the GPU and I set the Screen resoultion to the same from the video card- Desktop Resoultion and Monitor size -Actually feels a little better in longer races.

2. salvasirignano

salvasirignano Registered

Nice idea for a thread, hopefully there'll be a few tips for those with lower end systems such as myself :)

3. Goffik

Goffik Registered

If you have an ATI graphics card, download and install the latest 'preview' drivers. Performance increase across the board on my Radeon 4870 HD.

Download Link

4. Valiant

Valiant Registered

If you run tv cockpit and 3 mirrors, hit button 3 and you get 1 mirror. Big fps boost. Ctrl+F for fps.

5. Brooke D

Brooke D Registered

That's pretty cool, thanks for the tip!

"It is highly recommended that all gamers use the AMD Catalyst 12.1 Preview driver."

6. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

Here are the next round of Beta and Legacy drivers for Nvidia. BETA Version: 290.53

http://www.geforce.com/Drivers/Beta

****UPDATE***** I Installed the Latest Nvidia Beta Update I have no more shuttering my FPS is Through the roof- I picked up around 10-20 Xrta FPS in game!!!Also- For Nvidia Users in the Nvidia Panel- Turn the MultiSampling up to 8X CSAA and turn down the Pre Rendered samples to 0 It relly cleared the game up for me.

"Tim" ).
    ---open up controller.ini and set "Skip Updates" to a non-zero value. Note that the presets for new Thrustmaster wheels include the second fix in case users haven't updated their drivers. Again, we recommend updating the drivers and setting "Skip Updates" back to 0.L<<<SET MINE TO 1 it works great.

As of right Now im getting 105-145 in game Fps no lower than 95 in traffic. With settings at medium. Clear picture no shuttering! I will test the HDR and see if I can run with that on!

OK- After running HDR in a Online Race- I was able to hold 65-75 FPS through out 8 Lap with fullfield. As of right now I will turn the Track Textures up 1 notch and call it quits- until the Gold Version is released .. Why? I feel with the setup I have 65-75 is ging to be my playable max with medium bells and whistles!! Well of to Ebay to Score a 3.0 GHz Quad Core!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2012
  7. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Pleased for you, however it didn't stop the stuttering for me though.
    Never mind!

8. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

Go for High instead of full / max, also make sure your windows is up to date. I have aa at level 5, 1920 x 1080 res. Preview drivers for ati (said above) Also brought down Sound effects by two.

Get a very playable 35-45-50 FPS, Grid brings it down, Might lower opponent detail down see if that helps.

View attachment 750
    View attachment 751
    View attachment 752

:O

System: Windows 7 64bit, Phemon x2 555 3.2@4.1ghz 4 gigs of ram, Ati 6950@6970.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2012
  9. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Thank you for the link, and thank you all for sharing all this info.

What I found is that's better to use the monitor's native resolucion on the game, I mean use the same resolution at windows and into the game.

Then, the other option it to use less datail like shadows, less (o none) AA, and no HDR.

Im downloading Catalist 12.1 right now. (I'm using 11.12 at the moment).

10. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

Yeah you want to use your montor's native res (mine is 1920x1080) otherwise it looks bad. HDR, Shadows, aa and effects will have the biggest performance hits so try having them on low/med and then push the others up. Just keep messing until your happy with it and remember its still isn't finished there no reason to not think were end up going up levels of detail when some patches come out. Its still early days!

I reckonmend trying to keep HDR on as its pretty lovely when the sun comes out of the clouds or goes in.

all that lovely data ISI is hopefully getting from us, will help!