Changing from Multiplayer to "Single" modes (Main Menu option)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarrylJ, Jan 13, 2012.

1. DarrylJ

DarrylJ Registered

Not really a bug, but it is a minor annoyance to have as my only option when leaving Single or Multi- player modes, to Quit the game completely.

I often like to warm up with some solo work before going into Multiplayer. And if there is no action that I'm interested in, I may wish to go back to the Single mode. I may be missing something obvious, but it seems that my only option is to click on the "Exit" button, which brings up the "Yes/No" dialogue box to quit the game.

An option to return to the "original" main menu where I could chose between various settings or modes would be nice.

Love the game, so far. (Although I did need to upgrade my video card -- something I had long been postponing anyway.)

--
    Darryl

1 person likes this.
  2. Gimpymoo

Gimpymoo Registered

I agree.

Would prefer a single Menu.

3. zim2323

zim2323 Registered

My guess is that they had to do this to prevent a person that chooses not to renew their subscription from getting locked out of the entire game. I would guess that if it was all 1 interface, then as soon as your subscription expired you'd be locked out of single player also.

That said, I don't like having to close and relaunch the game to go back and forth either. I would guess they could code something into the primary interface that allowed a user to bounce back and forth once they are on and restrict expired subscriptions to only be able to launch as they do now.

*shrug*

4. rer8

rer8 Registered

The game already recognizes that you are a paid subscriber.... It should allow access continuously without having to exit and re-enter the game when moving from single to multi-player, and back again. IMHO... It has been several years since I wrote code, but this seems like a simple "if then" coding solution would fix this. But, then again, I am not a programmer. Good grief!

5. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Maybe I'm missing something, I don't see the problem?

You leave singleplayer, the game exits, but you have the launcher right there. Click Multiplayer, and you're there.

The game starts up in less than 5 seconds. What's the problem?

Are you really complaining about the 5 seconds or less it takes to go from SP to MP? Wow.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Load time is dependent on the system and how many mods are installed, agree it's not a massive deal to exit and restart but in rf1 I had load times over a minute when I had loads of mods, RF2 seems to be the same way for me at least....not too bad yet though!