Stop&Go in practice session

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Nibo, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Nibo

Nibo Registered

When leaving the pits under red light in practice I receive stop&go. There should be no stop&go in practice sessions (and qualifying sessions also).

2. Lantern Rouge

Lantern Rouge Registered

I agree - it is stupid. I know you could turn the flag rules off, but why is there a need to ever have a red light at the beginning of the practice session? If I am ready to go why to I have to sit at the end of the pit lane waiting for the light to turn green?

3. Blaktop

Blaktop Registered

You will also get one for speeding in pitlane....which I think is a good thing. We have all been taken out by some idiot driving down pitlane at 200km/h. Patience Grasshopper....:)

4. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

I was surprised by the rule, but its very appreciated to stop unfair behaviour in pit lane - thanks ISI !

5. DriverN1

DriverN1 Registered

i think this rule is good for us. Because it helps us to be patient and race fair-play. Thanks ISI for this rule!

6. Tripp

Tripp Registered

nice to see this rule in rfactor 2

7. Ahmad

Ahmad Registered

It's part of the simulation ;)

I imagine there might be options to turn them off or on per session.

8. Mawzipan

Mawzipan Registered

I think you guys are missing the point.

What Nibo is trying to say is that you shouldn't receive a stop and go penalty in practice sessions and quali. This is because you can't do a stop and go penalty in a practice and the penalties don't get carried over to the race.

Not sure if it was intentional but I have also got disqualified from the session after getting a stop and go.

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

if you're running offline just use Time Accelerate breifly until the session starts!

in rF1 we lost credits for things like this, as these are not in RF2 then I think ISI have just used the Stop & Go as a replacement, perhaps they need a Drive Through penalty instead ;)

10. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I`ve tried offline, and could actually serve stop&go in practice. I was surprised to see such penalties because I never seen them in real life events on TV. If they are put in rF2 to substitute money fines of rF1, well, than I could live with it. But its strange.

11. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

It's the basics for the new system. Imagine what would happen if one could set up grid, weight or time penalties based on practice/qual penalties :) ...

12. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Now it makes sense. This will be cool.

13. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

That is some great news, makes it easier in creating a 'race weekend experience' giving 'official practice, warm-up and qualifying sessions' a bit more 'clout'.

14. Jimi Hughes

Jimi Hughes Registered

I also like the rule, creates added realism as I am one of the pedantic drivers who always waits at red lights untill they turn green in other sims while everyone else flys past me at like 200mph :)

15. Blaktop

Blaktop Registered

Everyone is banging on about realism....this is a sim not an arcade racer. In real life if you drive down pitlane during practice at 200km/h, run the red light and go on track they'll throw the book at you. This way you'll save more time by doing the pit limit down pitlane and waiting at the lights than you will by speeding, running the red light and then doing a stop/go. I think it's a great addition....although I was a bit surprised the first time I ran the red light, didn't stop/go and got DQed

16. marcobost

marcobost Registered

Very interesting, but (and this concept should be applied in every situation when progamming...) having a chance to deactivate this default option doesn't alter the quality of rF2, it makes it more complete! I'd like to know if it is present into the plr or some ini file.

Just in case: I like this new feature, "but"...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2012