Good Place to Find New RF2 Mods?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ComputerCarRacing, Jan 13, 2012.

1. ComputerCarRacing

ComputerCarRacing Registered

Where will be a good place to find all of the new RF2 MODS? I need OVAL TRACKS!

2. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I wonder when rFactorCentral will add an rF2 section.

3. Kimi450

Kimi450 Registered

rfactor 2 definatly need mods

4. NobbyRacing2012

NobbyRacing2012 Registered

you guys do realize that rFactor 2 is still in a Beta Stage ...? Asking for new Mods amd Tracks would a a bit unlogical ... because things will improve and change alot and will be fixed continously ...

5. Kimi450

Kimi450 Registered

yes, but as things will progress modders can also upgrade their mods, right

6. ComputerCarRacing

ComputerCarRacing Registered

7. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Aren't we only on day 3 of open beta? lol

8. NobbyRacing2012

lol ... some guys are just to funny ... and yes we are only 3 days of open beta ... what do you guys expect within 3 days, that all the rFactor 1 Mods have been converted to rFactor 2 BETA, really ...?

9. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

I wouldn't expect any mod releases for a while yet, a long while. Modding take loads of time, and if core changes are made to the game through the course of the beta, those mods would have to be reworked, and possibly reworked again for more changes that come later. No doubt there are guys working on mods now but they are likely spending most of their time now figuring out the new way of doing things(.rfmod files, learning all the plugins, ect..).

10. Scott Wilde

Scott Wilde Registered

Wait a few months guys then first mods will appear. You might be able to get a mod in a week but only if it was a white box on wheels. :p The level of detail that goes into mods and that needs to particularly considering rFactor 2's great physics and realism is a lot so will take a few months before the mods start flowing. But when they start flowing, expect lots to keep you busy.

11. sway

sway Registered

I'm hoping to have host some mods on my platform. As soon as someone releases a substantial mod (not all track virtual mods) we will try to get something up. :) We'll be sure to let you know.

12. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Depends...for each "upgrade" they are forced to do each week after a new "update" is released, will you post evidence that you stood on your head for 6 hours a day, ranaround the block for another 3 hours and did 1000 pushups to represent the unecessary headaches and hardwork they would have to coniniously apply. If you already do that, let me think of something with Knitting needles ;) Once ISI have stated, right, nearly there, I would assume more action would start than.

Seriously I think tracks will be the first. From what I have read ISI are still to implement sections of the tyres model, damage model and other smaller aspects which will signifanctly interfere with modding and upgrades. Tracks APPEAR to be close to go with the effected areas to be implemented not requiring too much significant change, if at all. But I could be wrong there.

I would expect to see tracks over mods.

However, now that ISI have their forum format sorted I am hoping they simply provide a "mod release" area where moddders can post links to their mods. This should be an area purely for announcements and no real comments purely for the beta testing, after all this is a Mod Testing BETA :) Problem with that is the lack of comprehension and just plain laziness I have witnessed on these forums, that will turn into a cluster pretty quickly :)

rFactor Central would be a great place, but considering this is essentially BETA testing I think these forums would be more appropriate until it is all finalised :) ISI dont have to HOST the files, just a thread so modders can post their links :)

13. Crankee Stroka

Crankee Stroka Registered

I'm waiting for this pit lane newd mod myself:

I do wish they'd hurry with it.. :cool:

14. marto

marto Registered

15. Blaktop

Blaktop Registered

You are kidding right?? I wouldn't expect much in the way of mods until RF2 goes live and proves to be stable. I mean what hope have the modders got to get it right when the game isn't even finished.....and if they release a mod and there are problems, how would you know whether the problems are caused by the game in beta stage...or the mod. Surely there is something you want to know that is directly related to the current beta.

16. marto

marto Registered

17. Duvel

Duvel Registered

I don't expect to see any quality car mods for many, many months. As for tracks, that one is harder to say. Unless it's from the big names i'll go in very skeptical of the quality...

virtualr.net is the best place to get mod news as they don't seem to have enemies. Some good mod groups hate rfactor central, some others wont upload on nogrip, and so on it goes...

One mod i'd like to see show up sometime is the BMW M3 mod for GTR Evo. That model is really quite beautiful, and i think it would look wonderful in RF2. Physics were really great in that one too.

18. Nicola Trivilino

Nicola Trivilino Registered

19. Van Gossum Luc

Van Gossum Luc Registered

RF2 is still not final ... not yet optimised ... missing lot of features ...

And you already ask for 3rd party mods ?

LOL

20. NobbyRacing2012

I totally agree with Blaktop and Van Gossum Luc ...