Replay and missing parts of the car.

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by TurboGigi, Jan 13, 2012.

1. TurboGigi

TurboGigi Registered

it is normal that if I look I see a replay of the car already broken before making the incident? It happened the same thing rFactor1.

Even if I go in the garage and back on track, then replays, I still see the car with the missing pieces.

2. willynovi

willynovi Registered

3. Munchk1n

Munchk1n Registered

This problem persists in practice mode (I've only been playing practice mode), even if you pit in and repair your vehicle. Your missing body parts/panels are not replaced. Your car will remain with the missing parts/panels. I'm not sure if the change in sessions replaces the parts.

4. Dimetrio

Dimetrio Registered

I have same issue in Practice mode but I see damages only when I crash - pressing Replay and watch (car is damaged, without wheel, before actual crash). When I'm returning to boxes, starting another run and pressing Replay - everything is Ok (car is repaired).

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
  5. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

I think this one has been in ISI sims for a decade or more!

6. RKRIV82

RKRIV82 Registered

I also noticed too that after i crash and view a replay my car drives around with the parts I knocked off and there is a pile of parts at the point where the accident happened.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The replay system is very WIP. Infact there are two (one when you press R, the other accessed from the monitor). :)

8. kuyper

kuyper Registered

Skidmarks also on the track ahead of the car's trajectory.

9. Zamaroht

Zamaroht Registered

I'd like to add, if you car catches fire and then you watch the replay, you will see your car on fire for the whole time the replay lasts, from the very beggining it will be on fire.

10. RMayfield

RMayfield Registered

yes it seems as though that the replay doesnt actually record the visual action, but instead records the position of the vehicles and then recreates them on-command using what the computer sees as the status of your car/others at the time of replay creation. I imagine this makes the replays much much smaller in size.