Is there an option to turn on a map?

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by voltking, Jan 13, 2012.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I think everyones still a little too excited about the Beta release one week on....me included!!

2. Jack B

Jack B Registered

What is odd, is that you don't realize why racing online with a guy following you, who needs a map to figure out if the next corner is a chicane or a hairpin is a problem. Stop and think about it.

Ever been rear ended by a guy doing doing 120 when you're doing 40? Oh crap, I thought I was the orange car on the map.... "Jimmy give me back that controller you suck... Let's play Modern Warfare instead, this blows...".

3. stuball56

stuball56 Registered

Me too!;)

4. Duvel

Duvel Registered

What is odd is that you assume everyone plays online and everyone who uses a map is a rubbish racer. Neither has to be true and you know it. The plug-in is neutral, its the racer who is not, he'd be doing that map or not. Be negative at the reckless racers if you want, but it's not really the plug-ins fault is it.

As long as the racer is respectful, as clean as they can be at their skill level, and not cheating, I couldn't care less what stuff they like to use or tinker with to be honest.

5. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Since when is their racing maps in a racecar!????!!!! OUTRAGEOUS if you ask me, looks silly in a simulator.

Drive green hell 5-6 times and you know all the corners, come on, stop saying that you need it for learning a track.

Is this a simulator or what?

/me hides for the war!

6. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

I use the RF1 version [if it is the same map plugin I have] and it is preferable to the expressionless bar at the bottom of the screen (I was kind of hoping ISI would improve upon that in RF2). The map plugin gives a much better indication of where the cars are positioned on track, in relation to the driver viewing it. On top of that it gives lap info for yourself and the race leader, as well as fuel [if I remember correctly], and has each track timing sector colour coded.

Apart from all that people need to pull their head in and stop telling others to drive and set up their sim the way they do. Some use cockpit, some use TV cockpit, some use paddles and some use 'H' pattern, or sequential. If racers want to use plugins let them, it's their choice, not yours.

I've been rear ended [and T-boned] by useless tossers who drive like it GT5 on the PS3, and their use or non use of a map plugin is irrelevant.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
  7. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

I've got a special deal on flame resistant suits that I'm selling at the moment! 2 for the price of 1!! ;) If things get bad in here, you'll want to double up.

8. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

I'm flame resistant because I don't give a rat's fanny;)

What does annoy me is racers who think they have a right to dictate to others how they should set up their sim.

If people don't bother me about sometimes using a map plugin I won't bother them about using traction control or bumper cam:rolleyes:

9. RJNL

RJNL Registered

Dynamic maps that show your position on a the track would be pretty handy in night races. I just did some laps with the megane on Estoril and even though I know the track pretty well in the daylight I didn't have a clue where I was going during the night time and I think a 2:03 was the best I could manage :p Which also reminds me that the headlights could be a bit brighter.

10. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Or you should turn off light in your room ;)
    Any one wants to see at night like during a day. But it is impossible. Don't you drive a car IRL at night? Haven't you seen LM24H footages onboard at night?

I raced Nurburgring 24h at night and had no problem to manage about 170 turns per lap with limited view. What's with you guys?

11. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

We're lazy!! LOL!

12. RJNL

RJNL Registered

Well we can't all be seasoned endurance racers can we? I've seen onboard footage of Le Mans at night and:

A. The track had better lighting than Estoril which only has some on the main straight
    B. The headlights were definitely brighter than the ones on the Megane

But then again I might need to enter the 24h at the nordschleife to gain the experience necessary to play rFactor 2 night races...

13. navorsky

navorsky Registered

I dont actually see the need of a map. I use the track signs ( corner indicators, distance signs ) to guide me in my first attempts in a track. Later on, i just get used to the corners and still uses the corner indicators to measure my breaking points. I think its more realistic after all...

14. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

Which are you talking about?

Alan

15. Krazyrider

Krazyrider Registered

It bewilders me why people complain or object to OPTIONAL features in the game. If they prefer to learn a track without a map, they can turn it off. The same applies to any car setup assistance.

Practice makes us all better but dont deny useful assistance. Rear-ending happens to everyone, including pros, therefore no need to blame it on a map.

Any sort of optional learning assistance should be supported in order to encourage newcomers to the game and make it saleable to more racers. All pro racers were newbies one day.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2012
  16. kmw

kmw Registered

Don't use it myself, but each to his own.
    But I have seen real world race drivers with a map on their steering wheel. (search 'Nabil Jeffri' of Team EurAsia, or even Ed Carpenter in Indycar)

17. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

*snickers*

18. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Silly name for a bar of chocolate, they tasted much better when they were called Marathon! :D