No damage improvement.....:(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kimi450, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I'm afraid the video link was wrong.

Again: http://youtu.be/_YYzn6hEc34

Please notice that the car running behind passes over the nosecone of the infront car and simply is thrown out to the stratosphere. Not to mention the weird infront car flight after the touch. I hope this is a buggy parameter with some part of the car, producing bad calculation. If it's not, the crash / damage system is broken.

2. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

Just freeking amazing....people ask for pie, the baker has stated we don't have all the ingredients yet, .They say .. that's ok, I just want a taste. When they get a slice of the pie it looks real good, but the taste is a tad off. "It is missing walnuts!"...." I wanted whole wheat flour!"..." I don't like boston cream pie!" ... just amazing.
    Keep up the good work ISI, some of us know how the pie will taste when it's ready.

3. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

That's beta testing. At least, ISI have confirmation from community, they need to take a look into the damage system :)

4. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

This is clearly a bug/glitch.

You don't seriously think that is the intended, final collision code?

I see plenty of potential in this system. Even in the final version I will not expect ISI car damage models to be great, as they normally make the cars too strong, but I expect some awesome mods.

5. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

I second that, I would love to see some convincing dented bumpers/panels in the tin tops and simple bent steering arms in the formula cars, at the moment the damage is kind of wheel on/off like it was in RF1, some progression would be awesome.

6. Gimpymoo

Gimpymoo Registered

Another Staffer calls it a BETA here:

7. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Does it really matter what they call it?? If you have that much of an issue get a refund......simple really.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Jeez, get over the 'Beta' label... anyone who bothered to read previous posts for a few mins would know entire systems were going to be developed during the 'beta' phase, and they even offer refunds for those who didn't understand what they were getting into.

9. Gimpymoo

Gimpymoo Registered

Yes, it does matter to some although I already said earlier in the thread:

10. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Beta means unfinished and if you can't understand that things will be added to the game over the next x amount of months then you shouldn't be taking part.

11. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I don't want to sound arrogant, but I don't give a damn for the $80. It's not a refunding concerning, but to have a great racing sim as RF2 seems going to be. It must include a way better collision and damage system compared to that used by RF1.

Anyway, my mistake by not reading this quote: "Known issue. Collisions and collision detection are a bit rudimentary at the moment, and it needs to be refined during the beta period."

Let's see.

12. Gimpymoo

Gimpymoo Registered

?

The arrogance and elitism around this place is unbelievable.

I assume you are not in the employ of ISI in which case you have no say on who should and should not be purchasing their products. If some want to question something, let them do so, you have no right to say who should and should not be playing.

13. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Ok, I appologise but I'm trying to put across that if you pay for something that's in beta, there are many warnings about the fact you're buying an unfinished product, I'm just trying to say ISI are an amazing dev team, if something feels badly wrong be asured that if you excersise some patience and inform the right people it will most probably be fixed, again sorry if I came across as rude.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's also mentioned in the KnownIssues.txt file that comes with the beta.

What happens here is people see a problem... and ok, they don't notice the file that mentions that specific issue, that's fine... but instead of asking whether it will be improved, or working out that, hey, maybe some other Beta they know of was pretty much done and was just being 'proven' but this one is actually going to change quite a bit, they come in and say stuff like

You can finish with this:

but the damage is done - so to speak :)

15. Kimi450

Kimi450 Registered

Is there a way to edit the car damage system like make it vulnerable to crashes more like it was in rfactor 1 ??

16. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

I think that's the damage multiplier in the settings menu.

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

In what sense?

If it was a simpler structure (I haven't looked personally) it seems a bit silly to take a step backwards. (giving less functionality)

If you're referring to the collision modeling, how and when things collide and the effects, I very much doubt it - the whole approach will have been changed. The dodgy collisions we're seeing are bugs, but they'll be ironed out.

I'm sure there would have been very similar bugs occurring in early rF1 builds, too.

18. Gimpymoo

Gimpymoo Registered

BIG HUG :)

I understand the point you are making and I must admit that although I have not been involved with rFactor a great deal prior to this, I have lurked around the Sim Racing community for a few years and agree that ISI are a good developer who will do the right thing. That is part of the reason why I stumped up the cash for a "Lifetime" sub, along with seeing how pro-active their staff are on this forum, very refreshing, especially when you look at the attitude of most developers and publishers in the games industry (Not just the Sim racing community) which is diabolical.

The fact you are passionate about the game and the company is the exact reason why I decided to jump onboard at this early stage as to trust a company/Dev team in that way is not something which happens overnight and your sentiments are echoed by many within the community.

I am here for the ride (no pun intended) and am sure it will be fun, wherever it goes :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2012
  19. Kimi450

Kimi450 Registered

no i mean like makin the wheel of the open wheel cars detach at a lower amount of force like for example now the wheel gets detached at the force of 4400, by editing i can make it 2200 due to which the car will be more vulnerable to crashes and not behave like tanks.

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Oh. That.

If it's possible to get to those files in the .MAS files you could probably adjust it for offline use, maybe even make up a mod (for online use) that just adjusts those figures.

The mods we have are pretty fragile on 100% damage though lol