All Thrustmaster T500 rs owners come to this thread!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by fedexpress, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Wizz

Wizz Registered

Thanks for that Samuel, I knew about the firmware and drivers and it's pretty cool that they've put the Brake mod in the box, that'll save me time having to get one or make one (like I did for my G27).

It's also good to know that someone has used the T500RS with the new F1 wheel on rF2, at least I now know it's going to work. However, I'm intending to try and use the F1 wheel for ALL my racing, but that will depend on how it feels with the other cars etc. Or, do you use it with non F1 cars as well? If so, do you find it's ok, or is the T500RS wheel better....

(I just really like the idea of having all the buttons I could want, on the wheel for easy use and more realism).

2. Duvel

Duvel Registered

Hopefully TM will come out with a nice GT wheel rim at some point, something like this would be great:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
  3. Wizz

Wizz Registered

O'yeah, but without the price tag...:D

4. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

I must say I'm positively suprised with how T500RS works in rF 2. First thing that came to my head after few corners at Monaco in F3 was - damn, it's like nK Pro! Good stuff :)

5. HappyCamper

HappyCamper Registered

Yes indeed, it sure feels sweet on the T500RS.

I said the same thing to myself and few corners in at Mills in the Megane. I also love how well it feels with the Formula Renault as well.
    Brings a smile to my face every time. :)

6. samuelkorthof

samuelkorthof Registered

I use the wheel as it would be in reallife. So in GT cars I use GT wheel and in openwheelers I use the F1 wheel. The F1 wheel is not very practical with steeringlock over 300 degrees. Also I prefer an as real as it can be experience (nerd alert). Big plus of the F1 is that the shiftpedals rotate with the wheel. You can also easily mod the G27 to fit on the t500rs base but you wouldn´t have buttons. I would buy the F1 package and mod my g25 wheel if I had to choose. Driving a openwheeler with a big wheel like the t500rs GT (It is a bit larger then the g25/27) won´t give you the full experience and control. With openwheelers you tend to shift up or down more during a corner. I found it not comfortable finding the shiftpedal because they are static.

7. Wizz

Wizz Registered

I hear you Samuel, I too like it to be as real as it can be and I also take onboard your comment about the rotation. However, I do like the thought of the shiftpadles moving with the wheel (like my G27 and real car). I'll wait untill the T500RS and the F1 addon wheel arrive tomorrow, then I'll start testing like a maniac to set it all up and get used to it, to then see how it feels.

8. Gov

Gov Registered

You mean like this? :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. samuelkorthof

samuelkorthof Registered

Can u show the way you attached the momo to the t500 base?

10. Gov

Gov Registered

11. Duvel

Duvel Registered

Nice :)

Close, but on the site their prices are quite massive, and no shifters any more makes these a little to niche for me.

12. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Yes, I use the same T500RS control panel settings in all the sims I run.

For those that are wondering why I have overall strength set to only 60%, it's because testing has shown that 60% is about as linear as the T500RS gets, going over 60% doesn't actually produce any higher forces it just makes the response curve no longer linear (like going over 100% on Logitech wheels).

I'm finding the most important setting of all for rF2 is the per-vehicle FFB multiplier, in effect this directly controls the MaxForce as it was known with RealFeel. The default is 1.0 for all cars but in my subjective testing so far I'm finding this is much too high for most of the beta cars and results in a lot of clipping (and small forces that feel like massive forces, just like if you were running RealFeel with MaxForce set too low).

13. fedexpress

fedexpress Registered

@techade

what should the per-vehicle be fore the megane?

14. TechAde

TechAde Registered

I'd have to give it a try, I've not been back in the Megane since I spotted the per-vehicle multiplier. When I get time I'll run through all the vehicles and come up with some recommendations, might take me a while though sorry.

15. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Hi TechAde, Thanks for the settings! But the gain settings that are shown are different from the gain settings in the download. The download seems to be for rFactor 1.

I just got the wheel yesterday and after rearranging my cockpit(this wheel is almost 3 times bigger that my DFGT!!), set the wheel multiplier for the Eve F1 to 0.4 and went out on Spa. I didn't understand why the wheel felt so "heavy". But then realized I was feeling the "weight" of the car! Then tried the Megane with the front ab all the way up and the rear rebound maxed out. Wow! Learning to drive all over again! But this wheel makes it so much easier to see where I'm making mistakes!

16. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Wouldn't that be embarrassing!

I just double checked and that's definitely my rFactor2 Controller.ini, if that's what you're meaning?

17. Terence Groening

Terence Groening Registered

Yup, should be as simple as re-naming the file to "Thrustmaster T500 RS Racing wheel.ini" instead of "TRS Racing Wheel.ini". This of course refers to the GT one, not the Ferrari add-on, and we'll include that fix for our first update. Also in the first update, we'll start setting the steering lock on these Thrustmaster wheels to match the in-car setting, as we do for the Logitech G25/G27.

18. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

So, that's possible for T500RS? Great! I'm looking forward to that feature :)

19. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Thanks for checking TechAde, will test.

20. Vistaro

Vistaro Registered

Before changing program, be it Project Cars, rFactor 1, Ferrari Virtual Ac., I have to unplug then re-plug the USB cable to 'reset' the T500RS then it works well. Otherwise it loses its 'grip' and turns lightly.
    Is this the only way to 'reset' it?