All Thrustmaster T500 rs owners come to this thread!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by fedexpress, Jan 13, 2012.

1. fedexpress

fedexpress Registered

I've searched the forum and it seems the majority of users are on g25/27 boooo!

Thus, I think we t500 owners should start a thread dicussing FFB, settings etc.

Anyone played around with the in game and text file FFB settings and would like to share their perfect setups?

:D

2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The FFB in rF2 are amazing and I haven't had to tweak anything. Overall- 60%, Damper 48%, the rest are at 100% in the gain settings.

This sim brings the T500 to life!

3. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

What is the reason for having "Periodic" set to 70% and "Spring" to 18%?

4. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Attached are a screen grab of the settings I'm running and a zipped copy of my Controller.ini.

I'm finding the F3s are great with a per-vehicle multiplier of ~0.4.

5. Jadran73

Jadran73 Registered

Here is my settings

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2013
  6. Duvel

Duvel Registered

View attachment 558

Sometimes something odd happens though, the ffb can be UNBELIEVABLY strong when i start the game up, and another time weaker. This means sometimes i have to use around 0.45 in the car ffb settings when it happens.

I'd like them to make a T500 profile as well. No idea why the F1 T500 has a profile but not the normal one.

7. TechAde

TechAde Registered

As far as I know the TRS Racing Wheel profile is for the T500, seems to work fine for me anyway. :)

8. Duvel

Duvel Registered

Why did they call it that? I've not heard this abbreviation for this wheel before? :S

btw, make sure you update your driver people, I see an old version on Jadran's screenie.

9. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Take off the "500" from T500RS and what will you get then? :)

10. Duvel

Duvel Registered

i checked the controller.ini for the TRS preset, I'm unsure about this setting and why it is at 1 if the updated driver is meant to solve all the issues?

Skip updates="1" // Apparently some drivers can't handle a quick FFB update rate, so use this hack to skip the given number of updates (0=full update rate, 1=half, 2=one-third, 3=one-quarter, etc.)

if you delete controller.ini and let rf create a new one, it is at 0 as default.

11. TechAde

TechAde Registered

It's at 1 so that people who don't have the new drivers loaded don't have problems.

12. fedexpress

fedexpress Registered

can someone explain what spring and damper actually does

in simple terms

thanks

13. Terence Groening

Terence Groening Registered

I'll borrow this thread to apologize for naming the T500RS controller profile name wrong, so 'Detect' doesn't work. You can still 'Load' the presets, of course, but I'm sure this was unnecessarily confusing to people who had backwards FFB.

14. Jadran73

Jadran73 Registered

I update to new version :) sometimes ago but pic is old :rolleyes: and settings is same :eek:

P.S.

pic update :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2012
  15. croc69

croc69 Registered

strange problem here with a T500RS: sometimes very hard FFB and if i quit rfactor2 then each others sim i launch have also very hard FFB...this is the only game that do that.

16. fedexpress

fedexpress Registered

bumping my thread up :)

17. samuelkorthof

samuelkorthof Registered

With rF2 I´ve got the feeling owning a complete new wheel. What a great FFB for the t500rs. Every little movement of any car is felt trough the wheel. The lose rear end and the difficulty too catch it from sliding some people experience I can´t relate too that with my t500rs.

18. Wizz

Wizz Registered

I've been running rF2 since it's launch with all the settings at max and a G27, which after some .ini file tweeks and setting changes, it runs and feels awesome (as does rF2).

I've never paid much attention to the T500RS, due to the lack of drivers and that I've always been a Logitech person for wheels (GT, DFP, G25 & G27). I knew the T500RS was meant to be good, but because of the chat in these rF2 forums and info about drivers, I decided to research it further. I was reading the T500RS specs & info, when I noticed the full size replica F1 2011 addon wheel, that's been released for the T500RS. With all those lovely buttons to assign and use, as well as all the FFB software and hardware technology, the decision to get one, was a no brainer. So, now it's ordered and should be here tomorrow :) and I can't wait!!! :rolleyes: Thanks guys for posting your info on the T500RS and that it works with rF2.

I noticed on Terence's post about the wrong name for the T500RS controller profile name, is this just a case of renaming the ini file and any references to the T500RS in the ini file?

Anyway, cheers for now and I'll catch up when I've used this awsome looking wheel... :)
    P.S. Once I get the T500RS-F1 setup and I've done some running with it, I'll give a quick comparison between the two wheels and settings if anyone wants.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
  19. Duvel

Duvel Registered

Hope you like the T500. No disrespect to G27 owners, but they can feel a bit like a toy after a T500. I personally feel the pedals could have been worked on a bit more, but they are still very good. One issue with the wheel (I'm still trying to get them to send a replacement top panel) is that if you use medium or strong FFB, a fan kicks in and on mine it's stupidly loud... Once the replacement one comes, i'll have a good look at what fan specs and buy my own replacement

20. samuelkorthof

samuelkorthof Registered

Good choice. You will not be disappointed. As I said this is the first sim that made my t500rs come alive. I´ve also got the F1 addon with FR3.5 it is a blast. Make sure you update the firmware (wheel itself) and the drivers. Their is also a brake mod too give the brake pedal more resistance in the box. Install this the right way and it could be helpfull especialy for openwheelers. As you can read lots of t500rs owners to help you out. NOTE: I replaced a g25 and still try new sims on both wheels to feel the difference.