rf2 should not be compared to full release games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by coops, Jan 13, 2012.

1. coops

coops Banned

it shows how much you know and dont know when people make these stupid comments.
    ITS A BETA
    NOT A FULL VERSION
    COMPARE L8TR WHEN IT IS RELEASED THEN PPL MIGHT WANT TO LISTEN TO THESE COMMENTS

2. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

lol agreed but your post will not help ;)

I'm currently in the Project CARS program and that game isn't even beta yet (pre-alpha) and yet there are hundreds of posts everyday comparing it to fully released games.

No matter how many times it is said "this game is not finished yet", it doesn't matter.

Just let it go mate. People are going to do what people do :)

3. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

Yep, as annoying as it is for us to tolerate such mind numbing stupidity, imagine how the guys at ISI feel.

4. Andrew McP

Andrew McP Registered

It is absolutely right to say that this is an unpolished work in progress. But a developer would be insane to release something which is not very representative of the final product. Changes will come. But I don't expect anything significant to change apart from obvious (and undiscovered) glitches.... which is the whole point of beta testing.

5. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

You're going to get people with useless posts as "this game sucks" no matter what ISI told them before release of beta. There has been a few here but not as much as I expected. I think things are going quite well in that aspect. I would bet that not all of those people who make those sorts of mindless posts even purchased the beta.

6. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

I guess it depends on your definition of "significant".

Many features are currently disabled and many have yet to be implemented.

I don't believe for one second this is "very representative" of the final product. This is a small taste; a template.

But then again, yours and my definition of "significant" differ greatly I imagine.

7. aussiemart

aussiemart Registered

Great Call

8. Stefaan

Stefaan Registered

It's also the cliché argument against people that have something negative to say about the product, I would like to think that most people here are mature enough to provide constructive criticism, feedback has been pretty elaborate, particularly when people have quote, unquote negative feedback. And I'm sure that the devs appreciate criticism in such a fashion and are also smart enough to ignore any of the "this game sux" comments and are equally aware of the fact that people are a lot quicker to complain about the negatives then praise the positives, that's just human nature.

The more feedback the better if you ask me and not mentioning something because it's a beta seems even more ridiculous, if we don't make comments how could the final product possibly be improved upon. It is also a consumer product, we are paying for this, ISI is not a charity and if people have something to say about the product they are buying they should be entitled to do so in a civilised manner!

9. Andrew McP

Andrew McP Registered

I guess it depends on your definition of beta as well. :) To me a beta is something you release when you think it's ready for launch, in order to test among a large group of configurations. After all, it's not like this is an MMO where you have to balance weapons or tactical options.

Anyway, whatever this release really is, it was definitely worth the money for me. I'm less impressed than I hoped, but glad that this genre is being pushed forward in some ways whether I ultimately feel comfortable with the finished product or not. The dynamic lighting and immersive sound environment are worth it on its own, and the tyre model seems like a huge improvement over rF1. So I can't wait to see what gets done with this raw material.

We all win, whatever happens. :)

10. metalnwood

metalnwood Registered

Usually the release candidate is what you send out to to a large group when you think it is ready and want to test for any fatal bugs etc. The RC follows the beta testing usually.

11. Crankee Stroka

Crankee Stroka Registered

I'll be happy when the .mp3 connectivity in my cars have been sorted and only then :mad::p

12. Andrew McP

Andrew McP Registered

Fair point. But I still think we're looking at rF2 pretty much as it will be. Of course one person's "significant" change will be another person's minor tweak, so there should be plenty of excuses for the notoriously argumentative sim racing community to have an active debate.

Sometimes I think we enjoy debating more than driving, in which case rF2 should have extensive text editing facilities and a spell checker. :)

13. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

OH. Considering the open beta will be at least six months and Tim has said that ISI plans to continually work on rF2 I think you're wrong. Not to mention this has a huge modding community who will also continually work with it. Alot of people forget the entire concept of rFactor and come to the same conclusion as yourself. ;)