Is the FPS issue being looked into?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by gemonic, Jan 12, 2012.

1. gemonic

gemonic Registered

I realise this is a beta.... and i also realise this has only just opened to the general public and as such there are a lot of issues which would need to be looked at.

Just wondering if anyone from ISI can confirm if this issue is being, or going to be looked into?

I have a system that should be able to smash this game out on full settings with ease but i am struggling to get good FPS.

So like i said.. not whinging or saying this has to be done right now or anything.... would just like some reassurance that this will eventually get looked at.

Thanks

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Everything is. There's no point us not looking at it, is there?

3. gemonic

gemonic Registered

cool as man.... thanks for the quick response.... appreciate it.

4. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Obviously not but anyone who's familiar with forums like the Codemasters ones for F1 and Dirt will know that the general lack of acknowledgement regarding issues in those games led to a lot of pissed off members and ultimately broken games ...

It's been real quiet round here when people have asked about FPS problems, glad Gemonic got an answer out of you even if it was an "arsey" one.

5. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Two great posts :D

I guess Codemasters and ISI are the equivalent of chalk and cheese.
    Thankfully :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
  6. shum94

shum94 Registered

The % load on CPU & GPU are way down, it gives lot of potential for upgrades performances.

7. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

As I said in one of my sticky threads--please understand if we can't respond to everything right away. We are tracking the forums and everything is important to us but we'll have to prioritize and take things one step at a time. But honestly, we can only spend a limited amount of time on the forums each day. I've lost a lot of work time this week because I've been helping to field questions, which I don't mind at all; but even I will become less vocal next week as Luc and I get back to work on bug fixes and the next beta mod to be released.

But yes, we are listening, and yes we will continue to improve performance anywhere we are able. And remember that the more info you can provide on an issue, the easier it will be for us to track down the cause when the time comes to work on it...

Cheers

8. FOG>Daheee

FOG>Daheee Registered

Dont worry Scott I for one know that the ISI guys are not like alot of other companies and do care. Thanks for looking into these issues and hope you guys have a good work week next week.
    We await your results :cool:

9. Pits

Pits Registered

Yes thanks there Scott for a descent reply I guess Tim is getting a bit jaded to all this these days. The FPS problem seems to be the biggest and also seems to get us all beit SLI or just a normal setup. You can't play any game unless you can see it. My beast will do it at a seeable level but bring in more than 5 cars and it gives up, I would have thought this would have been the number one fix. SLI doesn't work for me and others. I think get the graphics all sorted so we can race then everything else should follow.

BTW even at 30fps it's raceable and all the guys in our server last night are jaw-smaked over the look and drive. The rain is just amazing on the wet track with everything on nearly full.

10. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

It runs good for some and bad for others, kind of reminds me of when arma was released, ran well on most older mid-ranged pc's yet was a brick on a lot of new high-end systems.
    If you want Sli fixxed you need to post about it at nvidias forums. Get everyone you know that races this with Sli to post as well, that's what we had to do with arma. Dunno if nvidia would bother making a proper Sli profile at this stage, but if enough people ask for it who knows.

11. Pits

Pits Registered

I feel this isn't my responsibility, on the many Q&A's for RF2 this was asked and answered "yes it will support multi cpu's and graphic cards" (not in those words but the meanings were the same). This was the main reason I went and bought two cards.

I do know it will be sorted and I'm not fretting but my post was to tell them that it should be the first issue addressed imo.

12. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Well said! This game has always listed multi monitor support as a feature, let's face it for Nvidia users that means SLI needs to work so it is up to ISI to sort that one out with Nvidia, I'm sure they won't let us down though...