External light sources influencing cockpit view and cars at night/dusk remarks.

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Dillyracer, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Dillyracer

Dillyracer Registered

So I've been thinking about how the lightning works in cockpit view when there are cars with headlights on driving behind you.

1. The LCD screen in the Megane flickers from black to blue a lot at irregular intervals, which I suspect is just a glitch? (I can take a screen of that if needed)

2. There seems to be a bug with the 'godray' effect, not sure how to explain this so I'll post a picture of that later.

3. Are cockpits still rendered the same as in rFactor 1? If I'm not mistaken only the visible part is rendered so there isn't actually anything behind the driver's seat? That would explain the way the cockpit is lit up because of the headlights from the car behind. How it is at the moment it really feels unnatural and even distracting in a way to see the cockpit being lit up like that all the time a car closes in.

4. In my opinion, the cars get illuminated way too hard by the headlights, which make the cars look seemingly unrealistic and out of place on the track.

Is work still to be done on this part of the graphic engine or is it a limitation?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
  2. Fulcoboy

Fulcoboy Registered

I'm having the same problem, as soon as the headlights turn on my entire cockpit lits up white because of them... It's quite annoying as I can barely concentrate on the track in front of me...

3. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

i have it too.

4. Stephane Rouault

Stephane Rouault Registered

5. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

That depended entirely on what the modders included in the cockpit model, and is the same in rF2 too. For example this is what the back of the Megane looks like when I look back with freeview inside the cockpit (press U and move your mouse):
    [​IMG]

6. Superbee

Superbee Registered

How do you expect me to use my head ?... :rolleyes:

View attachment 572

And BTW, that explain why I can't adjust my mirrors based on my rear wheels.. Thank's for the U key tip !

7. Dillyracer

Dillyracer Registered

Looks like it's modelled a bit then, doesn't change that there's something off with the lightning in the cockpit offcourse.

8. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

in PLR file i found something like that:
    Headlights On Cars="1" // Headlights illuminate other cars.

I changed it to 0. Not sure how it works, because cockpit still gets lighten up by other cars headlight. It seemed a bit less intense but maybe its because i tried it on different track.