ATI users must enable Supersampling for decent picture

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Tysonf1, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Tysonf1

Tysonf1 Registered

My goal is to show people the most important setting for ati users to at least have a acceptable image. to do that with an ATI card you must have SUPERSAMPLING slider on

I have WIN 7 x64, i7 2600k 3.4 overclocked 4.5g, 8 gigs memory, two 6850 in crossfire, two Oz vertex 3 SSD in raid. Despite a good computer, i also am having problems with framerate and picture quality. I found some tweaking tip helped out.
    using catalyst 11.11.
    1)in graphics setup of game antialiasing set to none
    2)in CCC set to supersampling(this will help jagged edges)
    3)set aa to 8x (16x trade-off) I am able to still check sun occlusion without going below 30fps
    4)check enable surface format optimization (HDR will not show without it checked)
    5)Tesselation check AMD optimized
    6)checking morphilogical filtering button drops the framerates down to 15 with the other stuff where it is at.
    This gave me a playable game, not the best looking sim, but it is a beta
    I plan to try the 12.1 driver. number of sounds did not affect frame rate for me

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
  2. shum94

shum94 Registered

C:\Users\User\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\player > player.plr
    Flush Previous Frame="0" // Make sure command queue from previous frame is finished (may help prevent stuttering)
    > set it on 1

3. Tysonf1

Tysonf1 Registered

Another important update. When I moved the slider from performance to quality under catalyst A.I It actually improved my framerates, and I was able to move AA sliders to 16 and still maintain 52 FPS. I don't know if this was just me or what. Still using the 11.11 driver. 12.1 since it's not finished did not allow me to scale my screen size.

Note: this was the renault formula mod. I have not check the other mods to see if it works across the board.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012