Logitech DrivingForce Force Feedback

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Tanel Tammeveski, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Tanel Tammeveski

Tanel Tammeveski Registered

I have a problem with my wheel, the force feedback starts to act funny when on the straghts, its almost impossible to drive like that.

I'll post a video from it.

2. Andy_R

Andy_R Registered

Have you tried changing this value in the controller file?

Steering torque zero-speed mult="0.30000" // Multiplier at zero speed to reduce unwanted oscillation from strong static aligning torque

Setting it lower reduces the problem in my experience, zero will probably stop it all together although I don't know what other
    things that will affect.

Also, what 'Profile' are you using for that wheel? I'm using the MoMo as a base and then changing the numbers
    to see what I can do to make it feel better.

Edit: I forgot to say, I'm using a Driving Force EX (it's a PS wheel that can be used on a PC with the Logitech drivers).

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2012
  3. screami

screami Registered

I have the same problem with my G27.
    I changed the torque zero-speed on 0.2 but without improvement.

4. Andy_R

Andy_R Registered

Strange that you get no change. Did you try setting it to 0.1 or even 0.0?
    Also, which file are you changing? Are you changing the Contoller.ini file itself in the 'Player' folder or the templates
    in the 'Controller' folder. Sorry if that seems like a silly question but I just want to check.

5. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

set the in game ffb multiplier down to at least 1.0 , then to clear up extra stuff so ffb signals are clear, lower on down to 0.85 to 0.90.
    If the multiplier is set to high you will get the aggravating wheel oscillations.

I use a DFGT.

6. HuntTheShunt

HuntTheShunt Registered

I find it is better to update the UserData\Controller \ControllerName.ini file.

You have to click the load button then the values are copied from the UserData\Controller \contollerName.ini file to the UserData\player\Controller.ini

Remember that the Steering torque per-vehicle mult= setting is car specific.

7. knalle

knalle Registered

I installed rFactor2 before the weekend and tested with the Monaco F1 car and I have the Logitech G27 steering wheel.
    There was a violent vibration and impact of bumps and over curbs, it was disaster!
    Did a lot of changes, but did not get it to be so much less unpleasant vibrations.
    Unfortunately, my 4 month old G27: a break. We are well entitled as many G27: or who have
    experienced this with too much vibration or the steering wheel.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
  8. Andy_R

Andy_R Registered

That is a known issue with G25/G27 wheels, did you try the temporary fix in this thread?
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...ng-a-strong-noise-rattle-with-your-controller...

9. knalle

knalle Registered

Yes, but isnĀ“t help.

10. Wawotsch

Wawotsch Registered

This oscillation is caused by force values too high, in Logitech Profiler. I once read a posting of a Logitech developer that high Profiler force settings amplify weak effects more than strong effects. It is very important to keep in mind that increasing FF strength in Profiler is not the same as ingame! This is an option to influence FFB even in sims that do not have a lot of parameters, ie. nkPro.

Decrease the strength in Profiler just until the effect is weak enough or disappears. Keep strength as high as possible (well, I do, 107% is my standard value), because it helps to amplify the finer effects more than the brute force. Then adjust ingame force. It's like increasing the signal to noise ratio.

But what helped me the most:

Steering torque sensitivity="0.00000" // Sensitivity curve applied to representable torques: 0.0=low 1.0=linear 2.0=high

Changed from default linear to low. Reasonable base forces, crisp effects!

11. Gary Corby

Gary Corby Registered

You can add me to the list of people who loathe the force feedback. After a lot of fiddling, thanks to the excellent advice on the these forums, I managed to make it driveable. But as someone said on a different thread, the balance between on-road and off-road FFB is wrong for a game. Even if it's "realistic" in some sense, this is a game, and as a game it's not working. I see though that some people like it like this. I guess it's a matter of taste. Might I suggest that the relative strength of on-road, curb, and off-road FFB be made player configurable?

12. steve30x

steve30x Registered

When I buy rFactor 2 I will play it to death until it kills my g25 lol. I just need an excuse to buy a csr elite.

13. JvM

JvM Registered

Anyone know if that "Steering torque sensitivity" value can be something in between the 3? 0.7 for instance.

0.0 felt way too loose for me near the center.