Stuck in geometry/Vehicle reset

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by RussD, Jan 12, 2012.

1. RussD

RussD Registered

Having a lot of fun so far, the 60's cars at Spa are great! I had forgotten how long that track used to be (and narrow!).

The biggest gameplay issue has been when leaving the track (oops!). I keep getting stuck in trees, behind fences, on curbs, in buildings, behind barricades, etc., and there doesn't seem to be any way to get back on the road without hitting escape and going back to the garage?

I have looked through key bindings but maybe I am just not seeing it? If there is a vehicle reset, what is it? And if there isn't, will there be in retail?

Great game, having a blast! Can't wait to see more cars and tracks!

2. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

If your car flies over the barricades/buildings/hits the trees, are you actually even supposed to be able to get back on track? =)

3. RussD

RussD Registered

Well, probably not. :p

But, I don't die when I hit a tree at 200mph either, so... ;)

And I think it is totally appropriate during multiplayer the way it is. What a mess that would be, putting cars back on track during a race!

I was just thinking more of single player, when you are working on setups, etc. But even in single player, never after a race has started. Just during warm-ups & practice.

Not that big of a deal, was just curious. I can see lots of good reasons for there not to be a reset.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go push my car out from behind a shrub... :)

4. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

There's a few ways we could handle this. We'll see what we can do. For now all I can say is, "Stay on the track at Spa" ;)

5. BobDobbs

BobDobbs Registered

More easily said than done! :eek: I remember Jackie Stewart commenting that every time he left to go race at Spa, he would take a long look at his house, wondering if he would ever see it again.

6. sg333

sg333 Registered

Of the 23,468 times ive crashed at Spa, maybe 3 times did i find a gate back on to the racetrack. Maybe leave a gap in every 50 or 100th fencepost? Also, some of the fences off the track (in the fields) arent collidable and you can drive through many of them, but then you smash in to the next one.