Fanatec GT3 RS v1: Unable to downshift into reverse uisng the paddles

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by N0body Of The Goat, Jan 12, 2012.

1. N0body Of The Goat

N0body Of The Goat Registered

I was racing the Meganes online, had a spin and came to a stop facing a barrier. However, the downshift would not go lower than 1st gear. So instead of carfeully reversing away from the barrier, I had to quit the race, despite damage being turned off (invunerability being allowed).

Is this by design of the car, or is something wrong here?

2. Vinceton

Vinceton Registered

Yeah it's ridiculous. You have to press a separate button to activate reverse gear. Default is the lower left button on your right hand.
    You can either hold down the button, or press once, then you can downshift with the paddles. After you reach gear 1, you can no longer go back to neutral. You have to press the button again.

3. bigal

bigal Registered

I had the same problem, turns out I had a key mapped to neutral by mistake (instead of clutch) so you have to either clear the set key or use the set key to get into neutral first then you can get into reverse.

4. Vinceton

Vinceton Registered

OMG It works. All this time I've been playing it GT5 style like a idiot. LOL

5. Duvel

Duvel Registered

hold down both shifters and it'll go into neutral, then you can get down to R.

6. N0body Of The Goat

N0body Of The Goat Registered

Thanks for the fix, unlinking neutral from a keyboard button enables me to now select reverse with the paddles :)