Will there be ingame voice chat ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Millerlitening, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Millerlitening

Millerlitening Registered

Guess you could just call me a lil spoiled:p , but its a great feature in iracing . Any plans to implement something like that here or just gonna be the boring ol text chat ?

2. Vincenzo Carlesimo

Vincenzo Carlesimo Registered

You could use team speak or skype ;)

3. Millerlitening

Millerlitening Registered

Yeah , but when you dont belong to a league or have a bunch of friends that race it makes it hard to comunicate with the people in the server . And not every server is gonna have a teamspeak channel so the only way to communicate with other racers is TYPE

4. Gov

Gov Registered

I didn't think I would like this when I joined iRacing, but it has really become a very valuable feature and saves the hassle of messing with teamspeak/ventrillo. I would love for it to be implemented.

5. Simon Melhuish

Simon Melhuish Registered

I would think so, it was available in rF 1 but it didnt work

6. coops

coops Banned

no they said b4 leave to others that have this covered i heard there is 1 called mumble and its free dosnt suck the resources like skype or ventrillo

7. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

We really need this- It brings Better racing Better Communication and Less wrecks.... Add it.

8. Lars Strijdonck

Lars Strijdonck Registered

+1 For a native ingame voice chat. you don't have to use it but some myself included really like it. As long as you can turn it of won't hurt any one. TS or ventrillo are useless on public servers.

9. Shadowrydr

Shadowrydr Registered

+1 For a native ingame voice chat.

10. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Yes this has been covered. They are not planning on putting in an ingame voice chat. Really, why re invent the wheel when teamspeak and ventrillo do this very well already? Just my two cents.

11. Superbee

Superbee Registered

You missed the point CdnRacer... An integrated Voice Chat such as iRacing is essential IMO... And you can always mute it if you don't want it... After 2 years of iRacing, the servers here feel kind of "empty" without it...I miss it a lot. TeamSpeak or Ventrilo (and others..) are good for private or group chat, but it's not a work around for a global voice chat...

12. Lars Strijdonck

Its a great and easy way for some of us to make new friends on new servers. TS - Vent only cover this when you already know were your racing. You did get that right? :)

13. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Yes Lars I get it. :) To each their own I suppose. Like I said, just my two cents. :D

14. Lars Strijdonck

All cool :) Was not ment harsh, TS and Vent cater different needs.
    there are more important things to get in, I get that. :)

15. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

The reason iRacing can do it is because they host all of the servers for racing and voice chat. Since users pay for the service they can cover the costs of bandwidth. The servers we all use in rF2 and previous titles are hosted by the users, and bandwidth is at a premium in some cases. For instance I can usually never have more than 15 people on my connection in a hosted session. That limit would be reduced if the game server also had to handle being a voice chat server to the drivers that join the session. Anyone with more knowledge of this can correct me. For the record I'm not opposed to the idea, though.

16. Lars Strijdonck

Very valid points brabham67. Thats why beeing it optional would be great. As said prolly way more important things to work on but i hope one day ... Never expected it to be so much fun to have.

17. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Registered

i dunno about having voice comms on races.

I dont know about u but when i am racing, i have full 100% focus on the game and someone talking in the background could easily ruin my focus. You then get possibility of someone who is singing over the mic or in some cases, someones missus, dog, child making noises on someones background while playing

18. Deci=EWE=

Deci=EWE= Registered

Most sim racing leagues run ts/vent or mumble servers, join a community and you get access to them. if you are going to join a random server with friends use a free ts/vent server..

I dont want in game voice chat, and dont want to have to mute it if it is part of the game.

In game voice chat will make racing sims like 1st person shooters, you will end up with a whole pile of peons with squeeky voices who are annoying.

I can understand why iracing has it due to the way the game is run..

IT IS NOT NEEDED IN RFACTOR..

19. Toranaxu1

Toranaxu1 Registered

I really can't understand why you don't think it is needed.. I use voice chat on F1 with PS3 and its essential... especially when faster cars are coming up behind you ..you can tell them what side to go on.. and vice versa.., I really can't understand why you think it isn't needed..unless your a win it or bin it type racer .. myself I like keeping things as clean as I can...and chattin is social anyway.. frig that typing....

20. TTupsi

TTupsi Registered

The thing for me is that irl you can't chat with other drivers during the race so I see no point doing it in sims either. I'm not really against voice chat but I for one wouldn't use ever becuase it's not realistic. Yes, one can chat with others via text chat but really who does that during a race? ;)